XII

Time: Night

Luz was reading the book in his bedroom when someone knocked the door. "Come in!". Urata opened the door, "Umm... Papa?". "What's wrong, Ura-kun?. Luz stopped read. Urata seem hesitated. He fidgeted. "Can I sleep with you tonight?". "Ah... You ca-?!". Luz didn't finished his sentences as the others interrupted."That's unfair, Uratan!" "That's right!" "We wanna sleep with Papa too!". Everyone dashed to Luz. "Hey? What's wrong with you guys?" Luz concerned, "I'm not too oblivious, right?".

They avoided the eye contact with him. "There's nothing wrong with us. It's you, Papa!". Sakata raised his voice while pointed sharply to Luz. "Me?". "Yeah. For the last few nights, Papa talked in your dreams," Urata continued. "You seem in sadness, although we can't quite understand it,". Interrupted Senra. "That's why, we're going to accompany you, tonight! So that, you'll not feel lonely, Papa!" Shima grabbed his collar, stared directly to his eyes.

"You guys...Thank you very much.. for understanding me,". "Please.... Don't make me cry!". While they're ready to sleep, Urata whispered to Senra, "Don't forget it, ok?". "I know,". They slept together on Luz's bed. He kissed their foreheads for the last time, "Oyasumi, kids,". "Tomorrow is the last day... I...,".

________________________________

Time: Late Night
Date: 31st of October

"Papa. The last two days were very exciting and fun. Thank you for it!". Winged cat Urata started the conversation. Right now, they're waiting for meteor shower. They just done trick-or-treat in the neighbourhood. "...". "Papa? Are you still listening?" The zombie Shima made sad expression. "Of course! I- I'm still listening,". Luz stared at the floor. "Please..Not now.. It's too early,". He prayed that tears won't forming yet because he don't want to ruin everything!

"Papa, we have something to you. Please close your eyes". The magician Sakata twirling his wand and began to chant some spells. Luz closed his eyes, "Please, don't disappear before me yet!" "Open your eyes,". Luz slowly opened his eyes after Sakata told so. In front of him, jiang shi Senra handed a book to him. "What's this? A picture book? It isn't time to sleep yet," He tried to lit up the moments by joking. "That's our gift. A picture diary," Said Senra.

"Why... suddenly.. give me this?". He tried to act tough. "Why? Because Papa always take care of us nicely. You treated us kindly.I hope you'll love it, Papa!". Explained Urata.They smiled brightly. Luz bited his trembling lips. His shaking hand took the picture diary from Senra. The book almost slipped from Senra's hand as the sleeves were too long for him. Fortunately, Luz managed to catch it.

"Papa, are you okay?" Sakata tugged his vampire outfit. "You're looking sad," Shima interrupted. "No... I..'m.. not sad," He won't able to talk fluently. He clenched his fists. A wave of sadness and roller coaster of emotions hit the wall inside his heart, almost break it. He kneeled down.The truth is he can't hold it anymore! He's at the verge of tears! "Hey, look! The meteors!"."It's already started!!!!! I'm not ready, yet!". He screamed inside.

"Ahh...". The dam that he built inside finally broken. Tears rolling on his cheeks like river. The kids didn't noticed it at first. "What's wrong, Papa?" "Are you hurt somewhere?" "Why are you crying?" "Papa? Papa?!". The kids panicked. "Woah!". Luz pulled them in his arms. He embraced them, "Whatever happens, I'll never forget you all!". He made wish at the meteor shower, "I wish... I wish... I wish that Urata, Shima, Sakata and Senra will become adults again!".

The last meteor or shooting star shined brightly, almost blind everyone who saw it. The kids struggled to free themselves from Luz's embrace. They couldn't understand what was happening. Their bodies surrounded by warm light. Their bodies slowly turned to particles of light. They felt scared and lost in confusion, "Papa? What'll happen to us?" "Are you going to leave us?" "I'm scared!" "Help us!".

Luz tighten the hug. "Syuhh... Believe me, it'll will be fine. Sayonara... I love you, Ura-kun, Mashi-kun, Saka-kun, Sen-kun!". The kids smiled with tears, "We love you, Papa!". The light dissapeared along with those small figures. That night, Luz had cried silently for the rest of night while reading the picture diary.

________________________________

(A/N): ... the longest chapter. Sorry...😢.