Part 42

Nobody says something. We both stare at the floor and I'm shaking a bit. This was a tuff time for me.
I wonder what Mattia is thinking. Is he surprised? Or shocked? Maybe both.

„I- I don't... know what to say. I'm sorry." He sniffs.
Is he crying?

„It's- okay." I nod and glance to him.

„I am just so sorry. I can't imagine how you felt and still feel about all this. This is a horrible way to grow up." He looks up right into my face.
„I do care about you too and nothing can change that."

„Thank you Mattia, I really appreciate that." Is all I can force myself to say whilst trying not to break down.

„Come here." He opens his arms widely and I fall into them. The smell of caramel fills my nose and I automatically calm down a little. It's very cold outside and I'm freezing but Mattia's body is keeping me warm.
„Is there something else you want to tell me?" He asks calmly to make sure I'm not going to cry.

Mattias POV
I can't believe that. I could never. She's so strong. She deserves all the love in this world. She deserves everything good. To be honest I don't really know how to help her or what to say to make her feel a bit better. That's why I just want to be there for her. Only the thought of seeing my mother dead in my hands make me feel sick. It's makes me anxious. She has nothing left in this world but maybe me and I have nothing better to do than make her feel bad even more.
She is still in my arms, burying her head into my chest. Her hands are as cold as ice cubs when she takes my hand and brings it to her small and beautiful tiny hand.

„I failed. Didn't I?" I break the silence.

„Failed what?"

„To make you happy."

„That's not true Mattia. I'm the happiest girl when I'm around you or when I'm with you." She says and my heart is overwhelmed with warmth.
I grin softly and kiss her on her soft lips. Then I slowly grab her chin and touch her puffy cheeks making her return the smile.

My phone rings which ruins the whole perfect romantic situation.
But it's Alvaro.
I look at her and she nods.
„Pick up."

I pick up and hear him puffing trough the phone.

„God Alvaro! Is everything okay?! You scared the crip crap out of me." I let out a sigh.

„Yeah I guess so... is Kai with you?" He mumbles and I can barely understand him.

„Where the hell are you?"

„Brother, if I would only know..."

„What? Urgh... then- then describe where you are!" I slap my hand against my forehead and wait for an answer.

„Some weird trees....-"

„Damn it! Alvaro how much did you smoke?" I try not to laugh but I can't help myself and let it out. When I look to Y/n she is still staring at the floor so I decide to take her in my arms again.
She smiles slightly.

„I just want to eat something Mattia."

„Then tell me where the hell I can find you."

„Okay, chill! Let me concentrate. So there's a house and right next to the house is a shop." He keeps on talking  and I turn the speakers on.
„Damn it Mattia, it says 'sex shop'."
I think I never laughed that much in my life before and Y/n joins me. No one of us seems to be embarrassed and that satisfies me.

„Okay hold on. Sex shop?
Is there something you want to tell me?"

Alvaro giggles and his phone drops because I hear a loud noice cracking on the floor.

„Oh shit." He whispers and brings his phone up to his ear again.
„Well I guess that's an total loss."

„You dropped your phone?"

„Yep. Lol."
Damn this boy makes me insane.

„Alright, listen. We will be there soon." I say and when he replies with a simple 'okay' I hang up.

„Is he okay?" She asks worried and I assure her that everything is alright.

We start walking next to each other and she buries her hands into her jacket pocket.

We arrive soon and see Alvaro sitting in the middle of the street.

„Are you in right mind?! Get off of the street." I run up to him and drag him with me.

„Oh sorry." He stands up and I turn the flashlight on to look at his funny foggy eyes.

„Dude!" I chuckle but he covers his face with his hands.

„Pull the shit off. My eyes burn. Can we just go back so that I can eat something?" He begs and I give Y/n a laughing face. She tries so smile but fails badly at it. I hate to see my baby likes this.

„Don't be sad babe." I turn the flashlight off and grab her face.

Y/n POV
Babe? Oh my-
I squeeze my legs together and my heart beats faster than it should. It feels adorable to hear that. It's the first time and I feel goosebumps all over my cold body.

„Since when did she switch to 'babe?' I ask him as calm and unbothered as I can but he smiles when he sees my eyes go wide.

„Guys! Please! You can do your flirting at home." Álvaro complains and goes in the absolutely wrong direction.

„If you go this way you will never find something to eat." The boy who just called me babe shouts after Aloe vera.

He turns around and pretends like he's on some kind of catwalk competition which make me laugh out loud when suddenly I hear loud sirens behind us.
Oh no that's not a good sign.

„Shit! Shit! Shit! Run!" I realize that Mattia and Alvaro are already on their way to hide but for me it's way too late. I feel a heavy hand grabbing my hands aggressively and pressing me against the police car.