Chapter Three: Snow Day

I'M SORRY, IT'S BEEN SO LONG!!!

THIS CHAPTER TOOK FOREVER AND IS EIGHT PAGES ON GOOGLE DOCS!!!

EIGHT PAGES!!!

I HOPE IT'S WORTH IT!!!

LOVE YOU ALL, STARLINGS!!!

__________________________________________________________

Dawn peeked through the window and the morning chills awoke the tall Russian. Opening his amethyst eyes, he gazed at his beloved and just stared at him. Alfred seemed so peaceful, his breathing was soft and his bedhead was the most adorable thing. Russia giggled to himself as he softly pet Alfred's head, loving quiet mornings like this.

I am so lucky... His hair is so fluffy in the morning, like a tuff of golden fur... His cheeks are so cute, especially when they are mushed against something... His breath is calm this morning, his sleep must have been without nightmares... Dammit... Even his drool is attractive... My beloved Fredka, you are so perfect... How the Hell did I win your heart?

The blissful silence was short-lived as the nursery next door began to utter piercing cries. Russia sat up and stretched, feeling knots pop out of his back. He softly got out of bed trying to not wake Alfred. He went to the neighboring room and picked up a tiny, hungry Quincy. Russia softly bounced his baby and hummed.

"Did you have sweet dreams, little one?" Russia's big nose then cringed, "you need a diaper change," Ivan brought Quincy to the changing table and began to unwrap his diaper, the smell filling the air, "Kakogo chyorta! How much did you eat?" Ivan exclaimed as he wiped Quincy and powdered his freshly cleaned bum.

(what the hell?)

Alfred had been watching from the doorframe, holding in his laughter. When Ivan dressed Quincy in a cute sweater and pants, he turned around to find Alfred smiling like an absolute idiot.

"Tough change this morning?" Alfred gently grabbed Quincy and rocked him cutely. Quincy cooed happily upon seeing his mama, burbling.

"Da, I think the soup last night didn't sit well with him," Ivan went to their private restroom to wash his hands. After coming out he looked out their window, seeing the thick blanket of snow on the ground, "Fredka, what are your plans for today?"

"Well, I was going to get the crockpot set up and make my chili for dinner tonight. This way I can devote the entire day to playing with the kids and entertaining the nations," Alfred began to head downstairs, hearing clunking going on in the kitchen. Alfred quietly walked in to the smell of different types of muffins: blueberry, chocolate chip, pecan, banana nut, pumpkin, and corn muffins were all resting on different platters. Alfred smiled as he watched Levi swiftly move around the kitchen, an assembly line in order for the perfect baking system. Ivan smiled at Levi as well, knowing that the boy loved to bake. Everybody always gave him a hard time when he tried to cook. But baking, that was a different story. Levi had three separate chemistry degrees, one of them a Ph.D. in advanced alchemy. So he was a natural in the science of baking. Levi just finished another batch of muffins when he heard Quincy squeal. He jumped and turned around, seeing his parents smiling.

"Ma! Dad! You frightened me!" Levi held his chest a bit. Alfred walked over to the muffins and sniffed.

"They smell wonderful, Levi. I'm going to start dinner, would you mind taking your brother?" Levi nodded as Alfred stood up straight, giving Quincy off to him. Levi happily accepted his baby brother and left the kitchen. Alfred got out his ingredients and began to cook.

He diced some thick-cut bacon and fried it in a large pan in oil. Once it was crispy he took the bacon out with a strainer spoon, as to leave the fatty oil in the pan. He then began to dice some vegetables: corn, mild chilis, tomatoes, zucchini, and bell peppers. He dropped them all except the tomatoes, into the greasy pan and began to cook down the veggies. Once he finished that he added them into the pot, along with the tomatoes. He then drained fresh black and kidney beans, ensuring none of the weird liquid made it to the pot. He went to the fridge and found some Italian sausage and beef shoulder. Grinding them up into shreds, he mashed them together and cooked it for only a few minutes. He then put the beans in the pot with tomato paste and Italian sausage and beef meat mixture he had just put together. Then came the spice: salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, a small pinch of cocoa, and saffron powder. Alfred gave the pot a good stir, adding a small amount of cream. Lastly, the secret ingredient was added, his homemade beef stock. A few more stirs and everything was evenly mixed, so Alfred turned the crockpot on low and put the lid on.