Chapter Five: Brody's Backstory

OK I REALLY NEED TO EDIT THIS HOLY CRAP

_________________________________________

Now, Brody is one of the main featured states. Gonna be honest, I do favor him a bit. But even though I have all these planned ideas for him, I just can't seem to find any relative context to shove them in. So this chapter is lowkey crap.

I do have A LOT of smaller details about each character, and I have so much I wanna do for this book. I just, can't seem to write it in a way that's appealing or to my standards.

To put it shortly, this book will be slow updates. Maybe once a month, twice if I feel a rush of inspiration. I wanna be able to plan out my storyline thoroughly. So it doesn't seem choppy. I will still update my others works:

"My American Oneshot Book"

"Melodies of Memories"

and

"The Character Reference"

Anyway, enjoy this tiny crappy tidbit!

_______________________________________________________________

All the nations except for Finland, England, Russia and America were in the kitchen. They busied themselves senseless after the fever dream episode. Norway was still pale, which worried the others immensely. It took a lot to unnerve Lukas, so what he saw must have really shaken him up. Spain starting dicing tomatoes when he felt someone looking at him from the doorway. He looked and saw Texas, just standing there with a towel around his neck. His reddish-brown hair was still dripping with shower water and his muscles were flexing in all the right places. Spain smiled at the young state, the two looked so much alike. It was like if he, Carlos (Mexico), and Alfred crossbred.

"Espana, do you want help with those?" Brody asked as he walked up to the tinier nation. Spain chuckled and shook his head as he finished dicing another tomato in two seconds flat.

"No, I don't. Maybe you could help Romano? He's over there making the waffle batter," Spain pointed the dicing knife to the counter where Lovino was mixing a large bowl of batter by hand. Brody stood still for a moment and shifted around. He looked to the ground, fidgeting with his hands. Antonio glanced and saw how nervous Brody had gotten, "Brody, is everything ok?"

"Well, I really wanted to bond with you. Uncle Carlos said you were the best dad to bond with," Spain chuckled as he heard Lovino scoff.

"Yea, he's fun to bond with. If you like being a sappy and energetic bastard," Lovino continued to mix the batter, seemingly frustrated. Spain and brody approached him and the state took the bowl.

"Maybe Espana and I can mix this and you can dice tomatoes," Brody suggested as he pulled another bowl from the cupboard. Lovino groaned but did as told. Both Spain and Texas enjoyed mixing the batter together, the two smiling and laughing. Spain seemed to have noticed something off with Brody, as his eyes seemed a little dimmer. As Canada stepped in to make the waffles, Spain took Brody aside.

"Is there another reason you wanted to bond with me, Texas?" Spain asked quietly. Brody sighed and nodded.

"I wanted to see if Uncle Carlos was telling the truth," many nations stopped moving at the statement. Spain was confused at what Brody meant, so he gestured for him to continue, "Uncle Carlos wasn't always my uncle. He was my dad at one point but abandoned me after the Alamo. He always told me how even though you were the best dad, he constantly felt abandoned by you. So, he used that as part of his excuse for why he abandoned me. It's not something I like to remember,"

Antonio hugged Brody tightly as the states began to cry. He kept thinking of why Carlos would abandon one of his children? He never thought he abandoned Carlos, so why did Carlos despise Brody? It made him realize this big teddy bear of a state was so weak emotionally. Under his bulging muscles and cheery facade was a broken, glass heart that needed more mending.