06 • been there, done that

UGHHHH I HATE WRITER'S BLOCK SO MUCHH!!!!!!

Please, you're not the only one. We've all experienced that one way or another. Maybe you're suffering from it right now which is why you clicked on this book at the first place (don't lie), or maybe you just finished a book and is just too bored (congratulations, but don't feel too comfy there).

What can you do to overcome it?

- Take a break. You might be overthinking, so go grab a cup of coffee, take a walk, sleep, or just go out with your friends. Oh and don't forget binge watching in Netflix (works for me).

- Read. There are a lot of books out there waiting to be flipped open, and this is a great way of getting inspiration.

- Listen to your playlist. There's a story behind every song, and you might be lucky enough to realize it.

- Watch videos. Open YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, whatever. There's a lot of things there.

Whcih reminds me, UPDATE your book regularly. Please. This is also very important. Maybe at least once a week (to keep the suspense). Seriously, you can't just expect your readers to be patient enough, that's wistful thinking.

What if you really couldn't come up with anything? Should you still continue?

- It's entirely your choice if you want to discontinue your book. Is it worth it though? Think about it.

I'm sure you worked hard, but if the plot is really going nowhere then it's time. Well, you can rewrite it if you want (that can be a hassle, depends on the person).

Sometimes, though, it's better to just stop. Cause you know, you're wasting time writing absolutely nonsense. It's better to start anew, don't you think? But then again, it's your choice.