Just Rest..

Diya's pov

I was scared, my heart was beating so fast in fear. Getting lost in a foreign country is so terrifying especially when a person like me can't even see. The only person that I was thinking of, was Anuraag. His mere thought made me hopeful to find my way to home. I asked some people, they told me nearest bus stop, which was right side of stop sign poll, I walked steadily towards it, with the help of my cane, then out of nowhere someone snatched my purse, though I didn't have anything in it apart from some money. But it made fall on the ground, my cane fell somewhere too, I couldn't find it..I felt so helpless, tears started to run out my eyes, without any guide of direction, I ran. I fell on something, somewhere. It hurt badly I couldn't move,I sat aligning my back by cold tin cylinder shaped thing.

I was crying, then someone came and he helped me. His name was Davies Lucas.He bandaged my foot and called Anuraag for me.

I was waiting impatiently for him, when Anuraag came he hugged me, I felt safe, and most importantly relieved to be with him. After all he was the only person I knew in this country.

Laying on his lap, while his hands were massaging my head, I felt like I am in some kind of paradise. The way his hands were moving on my head, made me calm, I was now slowly yet steadily falling asleep,my eyelids felt heavy, and I doze off in deep sleep.

.
.
.

"Geeta! I can't find my watch, can you help?" Raj yelled across the room.
"It's on the second shelf, to the right side of bed."

I walked cautiously, towards the door.
"Good morning."
I jumped, as I was startled by his melodic voice.

"Did I scare you?" His voice was raspy, like he just woke up.
"No, just startled—were sleeping here?."

"Yes, But trust me I was on the couch." He said defensively.

"I trust you." I bit my lower lip, suppressing a smile.

"Were you going somewhere?" He asked.

"No—I mean yes, to the kitchen."
"Are you ok?" He sounded worried.
"I am—why did you ask?" I asked curiously.

I heard his foot steps coming closer. He intertwined his fingers, lacing with mine. "I was scared, for a moment I thought I lost you yesterday...but thank god..." He smiled through his words.

"I was scared too—

"Diya and Anuraag, please come downstairs, breakfast is ready!" Geeta interrupted.
We both awkwardly laughed.

Anuraag's POV
Yesterday I supposed to take her to our new house, but situation arisen out of nowhere, now I am fearful—anything could happen, she can go away from me, if I don't give her enough reasons her to stay. I need to tell her, I want settle down with her, but there is also a possibility. What if she doesn't want me, what if she don't feel the same?
And this "what if" was killing me.

Three days later, we moved back to our Condo in Vancouver. I couldn't fulfill my promise to take her out.
Christmas was arriving in less than a week. And I was busy with office work. I even hired a maid for Diya.

"Anuraag, your dad is calling you in the office." Raj said entering my office.
"Sure, I will be in 2 min."

"Yes dad?"

"What am I hearing? You are staying in your office at every night. Then who's with Diya?" He said in stern voice.

"I hired a maid, dad."
"A maid?—you are newly wed to her, give her time.—Oh why don't you take her, to this upcoming Christmas party!?!"

"Of course dad." I replied with a smile.
"Perfect—and you are not coming office until I call you,Got it?"
"Yes. Sir!" I said firmly.

___
"Jane, where's Diya?" I asked the maid.
"Sir.." she looked worried.

"What happened?!"
I ran to the room, she was laying on the bed, here eyes were closed.
"Sir, She was unconscious, when I came to ask her what she want for diner.—But don't worry I called the doctor, he said. She will be fine. Though I even called but you were not picking up." Jane said.
"Thank you, for taking care her."
"Your welcome, Mr.Agnihotri." Jane said and left the room.
I sat on the side of the bed, I took her hand in mine, caressing her forehead."Diya?" I whispered softly, kneeling by the bed.

"Anuraag" her voice was weak.

"What happened?"

"We have to go India as soon as possible!" She said waking up abruptly.
"Why? What happened?"

"My uncle is in ICU! He suffered heart stroke. Aunt called me few hrs ago. She was crying...I-I

"Hey..stop crying I am with you, we both will go there, he will be fine." I hugged her.

"Let me book tickets for tomorrow! I will make the arrangements. You just rest." I assured her.

I walked out of the room, "Lina..book two tickets for tomorrow's flight to India," I said.
"Okay sir, on it." Lina said ending the call.

"Diya, we are taking morning flight, at 5 am, so be ready. And don't worry about packing your luggage, Jane is helping me with that. You just rest." I said.

________
Finally released the chapter...phew!

Anyway how are you guys? 😀
Hopefully good❤️

Anyway how are you guys? 😀Hopefully good❤️

I want thank you each and everyone for giving time to read and vote for "The love that define us"

I want thank you each and everyone for giving time to read and vote for "The love that define us". Thank you 🙏 once again.
Keep supporting!
Love Swati❤️