A long leap

Anuraag's POV

As months passed by, Diya, healed from the past...almost. Every Friday she goes to this group therapy, and it has worked it's magic so far. But I know that somewhere in these past months I have lost my Diya. She was with me,  but it felt like she wasn't. Our life wasn't the same as it's was a few months ago. I haven't seen Davies since the day Diya talked to me. I wanted to ask him what did she tell him? How did he make her open up about her emotions?
But I guess, I will never know?

"Diya where are you going?" I asked.
"I am going out with friends. They are waiting for me outside, excuse me." She said making her way with her cane.

I glanced at her with a confused look, suddenly my eyes stopped on a person that I never expected to see. Davies!

I frantically walked outside but his car faded way quicker than I thought.

"What are you hiding Diya?" I murmured, confusedly.

Diya's Pov

"Thank you, Davies, for inviting me and my friends from the therapy group to your dinner party," I said as he guided me to my house.

"Your welcome!" He said taking my hand in his and leading me carefully.

"Good night," I said.
"Night, Diya."

After he left, I entered inside, with the help of my cane I started to navigate my way to my room.

"Where were you Diya?" His stern voice startled me.

I stopped at my place. "With my friends?" I replied reluctantly.

"Oh really? Friends or Davies!" He grabbed me by my shoulder.

"He's also a friend of mine..." I said.

"From how long?! Last time I checked he didn't even come to check on you!" He raised his voice, making me jump in fear.

"He came here almost every Friday to drop me home!"

"What? I never saw him!"

"Stop raising your voice at me!"  I yelled removing myself from his grip.

"Don't make me then! I have noticed so many changes in you, sometimes it feels like that you are not the same person I fell in love with once...you're someone else." His voice cracked and the pain was evident.

I felt a sting in my heart, he was right I wasn't the same anymore I was changed, for worse!

"I am sleepy, good night," I said.

"Okay, let me help you to your room." He placed his hand on my waist as he led me to my room.

"Good night." He kissed my forehead softly before his footsteps faded.

I can't do this anymore! I am hurting him! I have to set him free, so he can find someone else who will love him!

_________

"Anuraag," My heartfelt heavy.
"Yes, Diya."

"I-i think we should talk." I hesitated.

"Talk? About what?"

"About our marriage. It's falling apart." I said.

He didn't say anything.

"I want a divorce!" I finally managed to say.

"Why?! Am I not good enough for you?!" His voice was filled with pain and sadness.

"You are more than enough but I am not enough for you! You deserve better! Someone—