Chapter 4

Sans pov

i killed her, again and again and again.

but she came back everytime.

this has been going on for too long.

she's getting faster.

i can't do this.

why'd ya have to do this kid??

she's standing there, knife in hand, tears rolling down here face, eyes flicking between red and brown.

maybe there's still good in her, i need a minute to catch my breath anyway.

"listen...i know you didn't answer me before...but..."

please spare, please spare, please spare, i need to know there's still good in you kid.

"just lay down your weapon, and... well, my job will be a lot easier." i opened my arms hoping she'd give up.

she dropped her knife and I saw another flash of red in her eyes, but they quickly went brown as she cried.

"... you're sparing me? finally. buddy. pal. i know how hard it must be... to make that choice. to go back on everything you've worked up to. i want you to know... i won't let it go to waste. ... c'mere, pal."

she walked into my open arms, hugging me tight. i couldn't help but hug her back.

"I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry", she whispered.

me too kid...

my attack pierced through her chest.

"geeettttttt dunked on!!! if we're really friends... you won't come back."

i couldn't hold back my tears as i felt her body go limp. "frisk..." i laid her down on the golden floor crying into her chest.

i can't do this anymore, i can't kill her anymore. please kid, just give up.

closing my eyes i began to feel the familiar feeling of my world being reset. i expected to open my eyes and find her in that damn hall again, but instead i woke up in bed in my messy room.

"wha-"

"SANS YOU LAZY BONES, GET OUT OF BED"

i jumped off my mattress and almost tripped on all the crap in my room. i rushed out the door to find my brother.

"papyrus!!"

"SANS WHA-"

i jumped up and hugged him, happy tears rolling down my cheek bones.

"SANS, ARE YOU ALRIGHT?"

i pulled away wiping my eyes, "course bro, i just missed you"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, I WAS WITH YOU LAST NIGHT"

"yeh but with a bro as cool as you, that's a long time" i say winking.

"WELL THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS VERY COOL" he said while posing dramatically.

"COME AND HAVE SOME BREAKFAST SPAGHETTI WITH ME SANS BEFORE WE HAVE TO LEAVE, WHO KNOWS MAYBE WE'LL FIND A HUMAN TODAY"

"heh, maybe bro"

she did it, frisk did it. she reset it all. papyrus is alive, my brother is alive!! maybe there was still good in her... too bad it's too late for forgiveness.

after trying to eat some of papyrus's mostly frozen spaghetti we left to go do our pointless jobs, trying to capture a human. now I say it's pointless because, one, frisk is the only human that's come here in a long time, two, she controls resets now, and three, papyrus would befriend anyone who comes here.

walking through snowdin town i felt almost calm to see monsters again. they smiled and waved at me and i gave a simple 'heya' back.

i was starting to actually feel happy walking through the snow with my bro, until the voice started.

...your trash sans, you couldn't even save your own brother...

i tried to ignore the voice and listen to the story paps was telling me.

"UNDYNE AND I MADE QUITE THE MESS LAST TIME WE COOKED, THERE WAS SAUCE EVERYWHERE"

...he died because of that promise you made...

"SHE INSISTED I SHOULD GO AND SHE WOULD CLEAN UP THE MESS, BUT I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, WOULDN'T ALLOW THAT. NEH HEH HEH"

...was that promise really more important than your own brother...

"SANS I BETTER NOT FIND YOU SLEEPING AGAIN"

"cause not bro"

i left him at his station and started walking to mine.

...you sorry excuse for a skeleton... you should have just let that demon kill you...

"she's not a demon" i grumbled to myself. why am i defending her??

...so you're saying you killed an innocent girl... again... again... and again...

guilt flooded through me, her lifeless body flashed in my mind.

no stop feeling guilty, she killed everyone, she killed papyrus, she deserved it.

... so she deserved to die hundreds of times... even when she spared you... even when she gave up...does she still deserve to die...

"shut up" i said to myself trying to rid myself of these thoughts.

i arrived at my station exhausted, i never was a big walker. i sat down and immediately feel asleep.

...she was standing there...silent...she looked up at me with shining ruby eyes... she dashed up to me knife in hand... within a second i stabbed her with many sharp bones...she falls down and i rush over to her... her eyes were brown now...i realised i was crying..."sans"... she reached her hand up the touch my cheekbone... but before she could... her hand fell down as the light drained from her eyes... what have i done...

i woke up gasping for air, stupid nightmare.

breathing a little more calm now I decided to go meet the kid, they must be passing through here soon right?

i teleported into the forest near the purple door waiting for it to open.

... what are you gonna do... are you going to kill her...a reset doesn't erase her actions... does she still deserve to die...

god damn it, i don't know.

before i could think about it anymore the door opened and frisk walked out holding a stick.

she walked slowly staring at the ground sadly, she looked like had been burnt.

i almost felt bad for her... almost.

i decided to meet her at the bridge. i teleported there and waited until she walked up.

her sad eyes met mine and i felt a tug at my soul.

why am i feeling bad for her??