Chapter 7

(Sans p.o.v)

should i really be talking to her? i'm not exactly emotionally stable at the moment. i could break down at any moment, and it's not like i'm exactly fond of her.

frisk followed behind me, still looking frightened.

we walked into a room with a river we have to cross and rocks falling from the waterfall. we easily crossed but before we went to the next room, frisk mumbled, "Wait".

she went back to the river and went inside the waterfall.

"what the...?"

she soon came out soaking wet and wearing a pink tutu.

"sorry" she mumbled staring at the ground, i just continued walking.

we had a shadow now, which was weird because there's no sun in the underground. there was also a large area of grass that was higher than frisk and me.

i pushed the grass out of the way as we walked through.

"kid i-"

i was cut off by a booming voice, "H...HI UNDYNE! I'M HERE WITH MY DAILY REPORT..."

i grabbed frisk's shoulder and pulled her close to me as we both crouched down. if undyne realises we're down here, she'd take frisk's soul. and i wouldn't allow that.

"UHHH... REGARDING THAT HUMAN I CALLED YOU ABOUT EARLIER...HUH? DID I FIGHT THEM? Y-YES! OF COURSE I DID! I FOUGHT THEM VALIANTLY!...WHAT? DID I CAPTURE THEM...? W-W-WELL...NO. I TRIED VERY HARD UNDYNE, BUT IN THE END...I FAILED....W-WHAT? YOU'RE GOING TO TAKE THE HUMAN'S SOUL YOURSELF...BUT UNDYNE, YOU DON'T H-HAVE YOU DESTROY THEM! YOU SEE...YOU SEE..."

frisk tensed up at this, i looked at her to see her frowning. it felt strange having her this close to me, a good strange though...

"...I UNDERSTAND. I'LL HELP YOU IN ANY WAY I CAN"

i heard pap walk away, and i let go of frisk and got up, only to immediately freeze. i heard undyne's loud footsteps and the sound of her forming her spear. frisk and i just stood there, neither of us breathing for the fear it would make a noise.

eventually we heard undyne walk away, and we both made our way out of the grass. a small monster, i think called monster kid, also ran out.

"Yo... did you see the way she was staring at you...? That... was AWESOME! I'm SOOOO jealous! What'd you do to get her attention...? Ha ha. C'mon! Let's go watch get beat up some bad guys!"

then the kid just ran away, tripping and falling on his face.

i looked back over at frisk who was still frowning.

"everything alright kid?" i asked her as i made my way to the next room.

"I...uh...I just feel... really bad for...Papyrus"

i looked back over at her confused, why would she care about pap.

"It's just... he tries so hard to be in the royal guard, just so he can have friends. He so conflicted between being my friend and capturing me. It's just not fair to him."

"but why do you care, you killed him?"

frisk's face turned pale at the memory of this.

"I-"

"hold my hand kid"

"Wha-"

i offered out my hand, "i know a shortcut"

confused she took my hand and i teleported over the river. frisk put her hand up on her head and still held my hand for balance, i forgot being her first time teleporting it'd be a little rough for her.