Chapter 5

Frisk's pov

I trudged slowly thought the snow, anxiety filling me up.

What if he hates me??

What if he kills me??

...Then I'll deserve it...

These thoughts continued to run through my head as I walked.

I stepped over a branch that was too heavy to pick up, I expected to hear the sound of it snapping as I took more steps, but all I could hear was the sound of my footsteps.

...Maybe he'll just avoid me... that's what I would do...who'd want to stay around me...

"Are you okay??" Chara asked. I just kept walking.

Soon I made it to the small bridge with bars to wide. Taking a shaky breath, I looked up to find Sans with a slight frown on his face. I thought I was going too faint as memories of the hall started rushing back.

...His flaming blue eye...his bones piercing me...how he laughed when I died...I deserved it...

"Sans I-"

"kid..."

I stood there in silence as Sans looked down, eye sockets darkening. A light breeze blew by rustling my already messy hair and making Sans' blue jacket sway.

"...come on"

He turned away and walked over the bridge and I followed. He stopped in front of a conveniently shaped lamp and looked at me.

"...well, go on" He said gesturing to the lamp.

"Oh sorry"

I ducked behind just before I head Papyrus' loud voice.

Papyrus, god how I've missed him, with his shouting and innocence. His cooking and smiles. I looked from behind the lamp and saw him posing dramatically with his scarf waving in the wind. Smiling, I looked over at Sans. He looked happy, like actually happy, it had been so long since I've seen him smile...and it's because of me...

I felt something wet fall on my hand, only then did I realise I was crying. Chara was right, I really am a cry baby.

Papyrus soon went off laughing, "NYEH HEH HEH", and Sans just teleported as soon as he was gone, I suppose he really was trying to avoid me.

I was more than thankful to reach a save point, Toriel's attacks really did hurt. Shivering, I began to start walking.

Going through snowdin forest didn't take that long. The puzzles were easy and the monsters were easier to befriend, and I loved being with all the cute dogs. It was almost peaceful walking though the white snow and huge trees. The interactions with Sans and Papyrus were my only worry.

Don't get me wrong, I love being with Papyrus, it's just that he's so innocent and nice, and I'm not. I killed him, but he doesn't even know. Instead he treats me so kindly, what if he found out? Would he even talk to me?

And then there's Sans. He'll be his normal self around Papyrus, smiling and making puns. But the moment his brother leaves, his eye sockets are hollow and he disappears. And as much as I know I deserve to be hated by him, it still hurts. Sans was such a great friend, but now, he can't stand being around me. What do I do??

I'm walking across the long rope bridge now, but stopped when I saw Sans and Papyrus at the end of it.

"HUMAN! THIS IS YOUR FINAL AND MOST DANGEROUS CHALLENGE! BEHOLD! THE GAUNTLET OF DEADLY TERROR!"