Chapter 3

(Frisk's P.O.V)

I'm honestly happy to be back here with Toriel, although I can't get her death off my mind. I'm constantly feeling guilty.

So when Toriel went to go get ingredients for our pie, I was relieved.

Just as she leaves Chara appears.

"Someone's feeling guilty", she sang in an  accusatory tone. "You won't last long before having another meltdown, how do you expect to save the monsters when you're crying every two seconds. You're such a baby"

I knew I shouldn't let Chara's get to me, but everything she was saying was true. How can I continue this journey if the past keeps coming to haunt me. Oh why'd I do it??

"Do you think you can be everyone's friend again, if they knew what you did they'd want nothing to do with you. Not to mention Sans isn't gonna be to happy to see you, seeing as you killed his brother and all. You know, Paps really believed in you, and you heartlessly killed him"

That was it, I snapped.

"I'm sorry Chara, I really really am. I wish I never started genocide, I was just curious. But it's not like you tried to stop me, instead you prevented me from going back."

Chara just stood there in shock as I continued to yell.

"I don't expect anyone to be my friend after what I've done. As soon as I've saved them all, I'll run away where I can never hurt them ever again. I know Sans will hate me and I know I let down Papyrus, you don't have to keep reminding me. Trust me, I'm always gonna beat myself up about it. So just SHUT UP!!"

Panting slightly as I finished my rant, I looked up to see Chara looking shocked and a little scared.

"Oh...um...sorry..." she mumbled.

Looking away from her, I began to walk to the doorway only to wince in pain.

To my surprise, concern flashed in Chara's ruby eyes, "You're still wounded??"

I nodded as I lifted up my shirt to see the scars.

"I thought Mum would've healed you"

"It just wasn't enough to stop the pain"

"Come on there's Monster Candy through here"

I walk through the doorway and turn left to go into a room with a pedestal with a bowl of candy. After taking one piece, I pop it in my mouth and feel the pain start to fade.

"Very un-licorice-like", Chara says quietly. Sometimes I forget that she can taste anything I do.

"Feel any better??"

As I nod she disappears.

Sighing, I continue to make my way through the ruins, sparing every monster and easily completing the puzzles. I enjoyed talking to Toriel, although it was weird that she remembered my preference for the butterscotch-cinnamon pie. I cheered up Napstablook and bought a spider donut from the spider bake sale. Soon I arrived at Toriel's house.

She ushered me inside and showed me to my room. I was very thankful to see a bed, it had been a while since I've slept. The moment my head hit the pillow I fell asleep.

Gaster blasters appeared around me. Shit. I began to run hoping I wouldn't get hit. The attack ended quickly, but not before I got hit a couple of times. I had run out food, so I had no way of healing. I looked up into the eyes of the attacker to find Sans's hollow sockets looking back at me. Within in a second I was pierced with many bones...

I woke up gasping, did I die? I could feel my heart beating loudly in my chest. Stupid nightmare. I looked down and was glad to see butterscotch- cinnamon pie. Pocketing it I started to explore the house again. I read through Toriel's jokes and some books in her room, I noticed her chair had the name 'Chairiel' scratched into it.

I gently closed the door and walked out to the mirror.

"It's you"

I jumped at the sudden voice, turning around to find Chara had appeared beside me.

"Yeah, it is", I replied softly. I walked down to Toriel, deciding not to look in the kitchen seeing as I've already been there twice.

As much as I loved being with Toriel, I needed to progress. So I went straight to the point and asked her how to exit the ruins. Like the last times, she ran off mumbling about how she needed to take care of something. I followed her. We went down to the basement and she started to warn me about Asgore, but I wasn't listening.

The guilt had started to creep in again.

"My Child are you alright? It looks like you've seen a ghost?"

She has no idea.

Before I know it I'm in a fight, but I can't move. It's taking every cell in my body to not breakdown and start crying. So I just stood there and let Toriel attack me.

She started to avoid me as guilt filled her up as well until she ended the fight. I could see tears in her eyes as she pulled me into a tight hug. She let go and walked away, turning back for one last look.

I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"Y...you...really hate me that much?"

The memory flashed in my head making me cry harder.

"Come on we should get moving"

I was surprised Chara didn't make fun of me for crying again, so I decided to clean myself up and get going.

I walked through the big purple door and up the pathway to find a little yellow flower in a small patch of grass.

"So you spared the life of one person, but don't act so cocky. I know what you did. You murdered her. You murdered everyone"

"Asri-"

"DON'T CALL ME THAT, DON'T YOU DARE CALL ME THAT. I TRUSTED YOU, AND WERE GOING TO KILL ME...but don't worry, I won't kill yet. I'll make you suffer UNTIL YOU BEG FOR DEATH"

And with that he disappeared into the ground.

"Chara this is all my fault, what am I going to do, what am I going to do?? He's not gonna let me have a happy ending, he's not gonna let any monsters go free. I've doomed them all, it's all m-"

"SHUT IT", Chara yelled loudly, "you're never gonna fix anything if you keep stressing about it. Just calm down"

"You're right, I-I'm sorry"

"It's fine just... let's go"

Sighing, I began to walk though the next big purple door, trying to brace myself for the cold...

...and Sans.