Chapter 9

...i was lying on some kind of operating table...it felt sticky... the light was very dim... everything just seemed grey...i couldn't move...a figure came over to me...💧︎⧫︎♋︎⍓︎ ⬧︎⧫︎♓︎●︎●︎ ⬧︎♋︎■︎⬧︎📪︎ ⧫︎♒︎♓︎⬧︎ ⬥︎♓︎●︎●︎ ♋︎●︎●︎ ♌︎♏︎ □︎❖︎♏︎❒︎ ⬧︎♒︎□︎❒︎⧫︎●︎⍓︎... he had a needle in his hand... inside the needle was a glowing substance... yellow and blue..."no stop"...there's nothing a could do...the figure brought out my soul..."please don't"...i was scared...i tried to move away...but i was tied to the table...the figure put the needle to my soul and injected the substance... "no..gaster...please...NO"...i was screaming out in pain...there was now a crack in my soul...

i woke up gasping for air. i hadn't had that dream in a while. once breathing a little better, i realised i didn't want to keep waiting here for the kid. who knows how long they'll take. if only there was a way for me you know where they are.

looking towards alphys' lab, i remembered what frisk had told me. alphys had this giant screen that showed where frisk was. deciding that it would be better watching where frisk was than waiting for her, i teleported to the lab, and immediately heard a scream.

"S-s-sans! W-what are y-you doing here? Y-you almost g-gave me a h-heart attack!"

"sorry Al, i just wanted to check on the kid"

"O-oh, ok"

alphys seemed really uncomfortable around me.

"so where abouts are they" i said looking at the screen that was currently showing a house in the shape of a fish.

"W-well, they are at Undyne's house at the m-moment"

"ight, hey do you have a spare chair?"

"O-oh, um, I think I have one upstairs. Are y-you staying?"

"yeh, if that's alright with you?"

"Oh, y-yes, that's f-fine"

the shorty lizard then scurried away to one of those moving staircases, and soon came down the other with a desk chair.

"thanks" i said as i took the chair. she continued to just stand there awkwardly.

"don't stand on my account"

"O-oh o-o-ok"

she went and got the other desk chair, that was over by her desk, and brought it over and sat with me.

after a minute of awkward silence, i decided to ask, "has anything unusual happend"

"Uh n-no, well, n-now that you mention it, t-there have been some weird things going on with the human."

concerned, i turned to her? "like what?"

"W-well, they seem to talk to themselves a lot, b-but they'll call this person 'Chara'. They seem to talk to themselves about the guilt the feel towards something they did, a-and does not believe that they deserves to be happy"

jeez, i really did treat her like crap, even though she's going though shit. i'm the worst.

"A-and then I saw her incredibly hurt"

realising that this me who hurt her, i started to realise why alphys was so uncomfortable around me. if she saw me hurt frisk like that, she wouldn't want to be near me.

"B-but I-I don't know how she got hurt. I saw her with y-you, and then you went to a spot my cameras can't see. After a while I saw the human, but she had blood everywhere. Do you know what h-happend?"

relief flooded though me as alphys said this, but so did guilt. i hurt frisk really bad. a simple apology wouldn't be able to fix this. maybe i should do something special for her, but what?

i could take her to the MTT resort and actually buy her dinner, but would that be enough. i guess so, i don't know what else to do. i'll apologise there, no-one's usually there anyway. it'd be private enough to talk about... i'll just wait with alphys until frisk gets there.

"no al, i don't. i was just talking to her, and then left. i didn't even know she got hurt"

...lies...

"Oh ok"

"how often does she talk to this 'chara' "

"A fair amount. It's like 'Chara' is with her. Maybe the h-human has some psychological problems, but I don't know much a-about humans"

maybe the kid does have something wrong with her, as mean as that sounds. should i ask her about it?

before i could think about it anymore, undyne's house was on fire.

"uhh al, what's going on?" is frisk safe, is she hurt, i'd feel the world reset if she died.

"O-oh no, Undyne decided to cook. Her methods are a little o-over extreme and will often end in fire"

"heh, no wonder papyrus sucks at cooking"

alphys giggled slightly, but i could tell she was still uncomfortable. why was she still like this around me? maybe it's just cause she's generally an awkward monster.

soon undyne and frisk came out of the burning house. she said something to the kid and then ran off. i think she's going to go hang out with pap.

"you can hear what they're saying right?"

alphys nodded her head and went over to the screen and turned one of the dials. suddenly we could hear frisk talking...to herself.

"If only Undyne knew who I actually was, what I actually did. I'd be dead where I stand"

a chill went through me as i remembered saying this.

"I don't deserve their kindness, not after what I've done"

there was a silence, as if someone was talking to her.

"I'm not a good person"

with that frisk walked off.

i felt incredibly bad for her, she's gone insane due the immense amount of guilt she feels. i hope there's away i can help, i just want her to be okay again.

~☆~

Sorry for not updating in a while. I'll try to update every 1-2 days from now on. I'm hoping to finish the story before I have to go back to school.

Take care of yourself, sincerely me!!