Chapter 13

☽It was torture

It was torture. It has been a couple of weeks since the Cullens decided that they should leave the town for Bella's sake and it wasn't going well. Just like what I expected, Bella locked away herself from everyone. It almost drove me crazy, the walls in this small house wasn't even thin and with my enhanced hearing, I could hear her crying every night. And can we not talk about her nightmares anymore? I would constantly hear her screaming, shaking the whole house up leaving Charlie and I restless.

As for Jasper and I, the night of Bella's birthday was our last talk before they disappeared. It tore my heart but all I could do was to accept the fact that I chose my family over my mate. I still felt him visiting at nights, watching me sleep during the first week but it seems like he pushed himself to stop visiting me because all I could hear was how much he wanted to lay with me in bed and cuddle me in his arms whilst I slept.

"How do you do it?" Bella asked as I entered her room. My eyebrows raised slightly as I carefully placed the tray of food on the table in front of her. "Do what?" I asked even if I knew well what she meant.

"Live." She answered shortly, stopping herself mid sentence as she thought that her question might offend me, "Like he didn't leave me too?" I asked for her, voicing out the thought that she tried to hide. I took a seat at the crimson colored leather couch that is placed on her left side, watching Bella as she pressed her lips in a thin line.

"It's not easy." I sighed, pulling my legs up as she watched me carefully. "Why don't you eat up and I'll tell you something?"

"I can't, Moon." She groaned but I just shook my head and pointed at the food that Charlie has prepared for her before he left for work. "Fine." She sighed, rolling her eyes at me as she took a sip of her pumpkin soup, raising the spoon high to put emphasis to the fact that she was eating making me chuckle.

"I know deep inside that he'll come back for me, Bells." I said, biting my lip as my eye caught the shimmering silver Victorian Vintage ring sitting on my ring finger. My eyes watering as the light caught the red diamond with several smaller diamonds sitting in the middle of the ring, creating a halo effect.

"He has to. He has to come back."

The sound of Bella running loudly down the stairs was quick to catch my attention, she quickly slid on her black jacket and grabbed her keys as quick as she could. Not even realizing that I was sitting on the dining room, reading a book.

"Where are you going?" I asked her. She jumped from where she was standing and turned to me with wide eyes, "I'm...uh.. I'm going cliff diving with Jake."

"More like by myself."

What?

"Cliff diving? In this weather?" I looked out by the window and saw trees swaying as the wind rustled its leaves. "Yes, I have to go. I'll see you later." Bella said in a rush trying to walk out of the door as fast as she could.