Chapter 18

☽

With the stars beaming and the full moon shining brightly down at the couple, Luna rested her head against the crook of the neck of her now-husband. The evening has been surprisingly pleasant. With her friends and loved ones surrounding her, all Luna could ever feel was contentment.

Her sparkly wedding band, seated on her small ring finger just below her vintage victorian ring, glowed as the light caught its expensive-looking diamonds. Despite of Alice organizing the wedding, every details caught Luna's breath as her eyes wandered around the venue. Indeed, everything was so perfect.

Surely hundreds of colorful peonies and lilies scattered the forest where they held the reception. Alice really outdid herself in decorating the small clearing where Bella and Edward recommended.

"A penny for your thoughts, beautiful?" Jasper's deep voice suddenly pulled Luna from her trance as they swayed to the soft music playing. A huge smile made its way towards Luna's face as she looked up at Jasper who held her in his arms.

"I still can't believe that I am actually married to you, Mr. Hale." She said, her smile growing even more as she raised a hand to sweep the golden hair that fell on his forehead.

"Perhaps you have to get used to it, Mrs. Hale." Jasper smirked, wrapping his arm tighter around Luna's waist who shuddered at the new name before leaning in to press a soft, teasing kiss on her lips.

"Well, I could get used to this." Luna breathed out against his lips as she wrapped her arms around Jasper's neck. Her fingers laced through her golden hair, tugging it slightly making Jasper let out a deep groan.

Jasper pulled his wife closer to him, their bodies touching as they both lose theirselves in the kiss. Neither one of them seem to care about the people surrounding them, it was as if they were both in their own little world.

All it took the couple to break away from the kiss was Emmett's malicious whistle making Luna sigh as Jasper looked at her fondly. For Jasper, the day felt as if it was a dream that he never wanted to wake up from. After searching and waiting for thousands of years, he finally found his home.

"The day I found out that I was pregnant, I thought that it was going to be the last days of my life." Renée started making Luna frown, "But it little did I know, it was the day my life started."

"When I saw you, crying your little heart out as you were brought to this world, you lit every kind of hope in me and your father. Having you in our arms changed our lives forever. You grew more and more beautiful in your own way as you got older and now all I can say is that I am very proud of you. You are going to be a very loving wife and a very great mom, I know that for sure." Renée continued, her voice shaking as she stared at her glowing daughter with tears in her eyes.

"To be able to see my daughter marry such a man like you Jasper, it's something that truly gives me great joy. As you two go on your journey and start your own little family, I wish you all the happiness the world could ever give. I love you my Luna. Cheers!"

"Oh mom!" Luna said, her voice small as she opened her arms to invite her mom in a tight hug. Warm tears  on her cheek as she held the woman tightly in her arms. "I love you, mom. Forever."

"As the father of a girl who has always been the first apple of my eye, you can only imagine the high standards I have raised for my daughter. Handful of men came to ask for my daughter's hand, only to be rejected because I only wanted the best for my daughter." Charlie beamed as he stood in front of the microphone. Luna's smile never faltered as she watched everyone give their speech.

"Honestly, I never liked Jasper. He was mysterious and I didn't know why he had to be that handsome." Charlie chuckled awkwardly causing the people in front of him to let out a chuckle. Even Jasper himself chuckled, shaking his head as he wrapped an arm around Luna who smiled at him.

"But then I realized that the "best" man that I was waiting for my daughter was already standing in front of me. Son, you gave meaning to my daughter's life and I swear to all of the people present in this place that if you ever hurt my daughter— you'll find me standing at the edge of your bed with my rifle." Charlie said, his tone shifting as he stared at Jasper who's smile fell. Luna let out a loud snort as the two stared at each other down, causing the people around them to erupt in laughter as well.

Toast after toast and tears after tears, Jasper squeezed Luna's hand and grabbed a glass of champagne before sauntering his way towards the microphone. "In behalf of Luna, I would like to thank everyone for making tonight extra special for the both of us. "

"The moment I laid my eyes on Luna, somethin' deep inside of me shifted. You brought great joy and hope in my life, Mi Amor. You have always been the kind of person to always light up the room and the more I spend my days with you, the more I fall deeper."

"I promise to love you and to cherish you all the days of my life, darlin'. With one glance, I loved you with a thousand hearts and with my final breath, I will always love you with a thousand more."

After Jasper walked back towards their seat, Luna confidently stood from her chair and walked towards the microphone stand, "I know it's weird for a bride to give a toast but for everyone who knows me well, I'm the kind of person break rules." She chuckled making Emmett holler at what she just said.

"Growing up, I was always a little bit skeptical of everything. I never wanted to believe in things that were too good to be true. I remember being scolded by mom for ruining little Bella's belief in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus because for me, it was as if those things were impossible. Little did I know that when I met Jasper, he made me believe that good things comes to those who unexpectedly wait for it. Meeting him was an inhale of fresh air and since then he has become much more than that. Thank you for being my rock."

Luna couldn't help her tears as she saw Jasper wipe away a tear that fell on his cheek. Her lips were trembling as she stared at the person she loved with her whole being, "I am so so damn happy that I have found you." She cried, her voice cracking as a wave of emotions washed upon her like a flood.

"You have seen me through a lot of hard times and while you have seen me at my very best, you have also seen me at my worst and I thank you for staying in my life." Luna smiled, wiping her damp cheeks and gave Jasper a gentle smile as he mouthed an "I love you" to his wife.

"I love you, Jasper and I will continue to love you 'til the universe allows me so."