34

A week before mello's birthday

I woke up due to A'layah crying. Her room was closer to milani's but that girl could scream. I planned on sleeping in late since I was opening my shop later than usual today,  but with A'layah I wouldn't be able to sleep. I loved my niece but that's part of the reason why I wanted to move out. I liked sleeping in late sometimes.

I walked into my bathroom to brush my teeth and stuff and lay was still crying. I walked out of my room and into her room, she was sleeping in her toddler bed.

"Girl, what you making all that noise for ?" I asked Grabbing her hand

"I want my mommy"

"Come on" I said and we walked out the room.

I took her to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face.

"Let's go make your bed" I said to her

I helped her make her bed and we walked into her parents room and they were both knocked out. I closed the door

"What you want to eat lay ?" I asked as we walked downstairs

"Pancakes and eggs" she said before going into the living room

I nodded and walked in the kitchen to chef it up. I make blueberry pancakes and scrambled eggs with cheese, bacon, home fries and grits. I sliced up some fruits for her and made me, Lani, and Tj a smoothie.

After fixing me and her a plate of food we sat at the table and began to eat.

My phone began to ring and I looked at it hoping that it was Ramello but it wasn't, it was the realtor. Ramello has been picking fights and in a bad mood since the anniversary of his grandmothers passing. We literally argue about anything and it's annoying, so I've been staying home.

I picked up my ringing phone "hey moani"

"Hey what's up?"

"Well I just wanted to know if you had time today to check out the house you've been approved and you got it. We could do the paper work and I'll hand you the keys today. "

"Really?" I asked

"Yes" she said clearly smiling

"Alright well what time ?" I asked

"How about 11?"

"Okay" I said

"See you then"

After hanging up I smiled and finished eating before moving our plates. Right on cue Lani was walking downstairs.

"Thank you mo, she had me up all night"

"It's fine, I was just about to say she'll have to run my errands with me"

"Oh no she's going to Tj's mothers house for the week. "

"Aww okay, I'm about to shower" I said

She nodded before going into the kitchen while lay went back into the living room to watch tv.

I walked into my room and called Ramello and of course he didn't answer. I sighed and got into the shower, once I was out of the shower I dried myself off and threw on my bra and panties. After put on lotion I threw on some leggings and a hoodie

Once I was completely ready, I kissed lay and made my way out

Once I was completely ready, I kissed lay and made my way out. I met up with the realtor and she showed me the building, it wasn't far from the house it only took me 30 minutes to get there.

We walked in and was greeted by the doorman, he was a white elderly looking man. We took an elevator and she pushed a button that took us right into the house, being that she was the realtor she had access to it but other people wouldn't have access to the apartment.

Once we were inside I took in how big it was. It had 3 bedrooms, a huge sky roof like there wasn't anything covering, if it rained, or snowed I'll be able to see it. There was a bedroom downstairs and then the other two were upstairs. The kitchen was huge, the theme of the house was grey, black and white which I loved. It had two bathrooms; one downstairs and the master bathroom was upstairs. It was beautiful the tub was placed at an angle and was printed grey and it had white splattered paint marks. It had big glass windows all around, a huge step in shower. I fell in love with the house and wanted it.

After looking around and going over prices, I signed the lease and it was mine. The best part of it all was that it came furnished, you had the option to choose but I decided to leave it how it was, It was decorated with expensive furniture.

I was so happy with my first real adult purchase. I got into my car and drove off to Ramello's house so I could check on him.

When I got there I knocked on the door forgetting that I had my own key. Once I was in I walked upstairs and opened his room door, his room was a mess and he was knocked out. He had drank a whole bottle of henny and a half of patron.

I shook my head before starting to clean up after him. Once I was finished and I had his dirty clothes in the washing machine. I woke his ass up to get in the shower.

" leave me alone" mello said

" wake up and get in the shower"

After going back and Forth with him I went to the bathroom and filled up a cup of water and threw it on his head.

" fuck is wrong with you?" He shouted

He pushed me making me fall off the bed and he got up and walked in the bathroom and slammed the door. I started to knock on the door but decided not to I was going to give him his space.

After putting my shoes back on I walked out the house leaving him to himself. Just as I pulled into lani's driveway my phone began to ring. I looked at it and picked it up.

"Hello?"

"Hey is this moani?"

"Yes, whose speaking?"

"My name is Kylie, we have this hair convention coming up on January 23rd, that we want you to be apart of. Well pay for your hotel and flight here plus whatever food; you'll always have your own booth to do hair and get clientele out here , are you interested "

"Yea I'm interested but I would have to leave that night, it's my fiancé's birthday" I said

"Okay that is no problem, we'll be In touch"

"Alright, thank you"

I had great news and I couldn't share it with the one person I shared everything with because he wasn't in the proper state of mind. I decided to just go home and make an attempt to pack my things so I could move into my new house.