Catherine - A Battle in the Night

A/N Just so you know, this chapter has a little bit more language than the previous chapters because of one of the characters who is introduced.

Boring. Sitting in a high security prison is boring. I'm a sixteen year old traveler of galaxies. I don't like doing nothing.

Then she showed up. In a max security prison, no one goes in and no one comes out. When this girl flashed her ID the Red Sea parted for her. It was as if she carried immense power, yet she couldn't be older than 16. When I saw her, and tried to read her mind, her dark eyes gave me a sharp look and I received a mental jolt.

"Let's go, I'm here to get you out."

"Who are you?"

She pushed her blood-red hair out of her face as she ordered "No questions. Just get the hell out of here before I change my mind."

I couldn't argue with that one. After she handed me my lightsaber, she walked me out of the cell, up winding flights of stairs and into the land of the living.

"Backseat," was all she said as we approached a four door Mazda parked along the side of the desert road. I don't mean desert like nobody was there, I mean like this was the middle of nowhere with cacti growing everywhere. Who would put a high security prison out here?

I stepped into the vehicle and saw another teenage girl in the passenger seat. "How are you so young, yet you two look like government officials?" I blurted.

"We are," the dark haired Asian teenager stated from the passenger's seat.

"What government agency?"

"It's top secret," the redhead had gotten into the car. "But you'll know soon enough."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Erica," the redhead stated, "government official, Rascal's sister, child of Mars, and pretty damn deadly. This is--"

"I can introduce myself, thank you very much. You will call me Agent V. I'm Rascal's boss, child of Nike, and--"

"Nike? Isn't she a minor goddess?" I asked.

"SHE IS NOT! I have two rules, both of which you just broke. Never interrupt me, shut up, and never interfere with victory."

"Wasn't that three?"

"WHAT WAS RULE NUMBER TWO?"

"Shut up."

"DO NOT TELL ME TO SHUT--"

"I was saying that 'shut up' was rule number--"

"DO NOT INTERRUPT ME! CAN'T YOU FOLLOW RULES?"

"Agent V," Erica interjected, "you work with my brother. You should be able to handle idiots who don't follow the damn rules."

"Quick question, Erica." I was ready to change the subject.

"What."

"Where are we planning on going?"

"HQ. It's in Alabama."

Alabama? Had she heard of... "Styx River Water World. Have you heard of it?"

"Of course," Agent V spoke up, "the abandoned amusement park that stupid mortals think is cursed."

"Hey! I'm a mortal."

"Then you're more stupid than I thought." Agent V was starting to get on my nerves.

"I was talking to Erica anyways. How far is it from your HQ?"

"Down the street. I can take you there myself if you're so damn eager to see it." Just then Erica pulled out a phone and read a password protected message. I didn't bother to look away. 2241 was the code for here phone and 7192017 was the password for her message. I didn't see what the message was, but Erica looked amused and told Agent V to make a phone call for her. Agent V seemed to know who the phone call was for, as she stepped out of the car without exchanging further information with Erica.