Chapter 21

Karmas pov

I stand alone in the room. Kayano is gone.
I walk towards the trap door on the otherside of the room. It looks old and worn. The silence washes over me as I reach for the polished handle.

I open it. A deafening creak screeches out around the room cracking through the silence.

Stairs appear behind the door and , almost in a trance, I follow them downwards. They lead me to a tunnel draped in shadows. With every step, its colder and darker then before.

A sob works its way through the shadows. "Nagisa! I'm here for you now Nagisa!" The desperate thoughts crawl through my head. But I say nothing. Its better to be quiet I don't know who could be waiting for me.

I keep moving forward. My heart thumps loudly in my chest. I want to be with my boyfriend. I want to hold him in my chest and kiss him and tell him how much I care for him. I just want to BE with him again. God Nagisa, I miss you so much.

I don't recognise the tears until they're running down my cheeks. The desperation I feel is unlike anything I've ever felt before. My heart is racing and before I know it I'm breaking into a sprint, blindly running down the dark tunnel. Running, running, running, until I reach a door.

Its a heavy oak door, much like the door to the entrance of the house. An old brass handle decorates the front and there's no knocker or windows.

I tug at the brass knob, and to my surprise the door swings open.

Nagisas pov

It hurts...

I'm...cold

Give me...

You're warmth...

IM COLD

IM FREEZING

I'm freezing without you...

...

WHATS THAT?!

NONONONONO SHE'S BACK SHE'S BACK GET AWAY I DON'T WANT ANYMORE PLEASE STOP NONONONO GET AWAY

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...she's dead...

...oh my god...

...Oh my god I killed her...

I didn't mean to I didn't mean to I didn't mean to I swear I didn't mean to....

I feel tears start to swell and my vision begins to clear. The blindfold is long gone, the material ripped to shreds beside her. I stand up. Theres so much blood. I did this. I did this to her.
And somehow now I can think more clearly. My mind has broken free from whatever she put into me and I can see again. My thoughts aren't a string of my consciousness but rather a sensible train of thought.

I feel guilt. Its eats away at my organs and fills me with doubt. What will happen now? Can I escape? If I do what would people think if they knew what I'd done? Would they arrest me? What would karama think? I let out a loud sob.

Tears cloud my vision and I'm once again blinded.
But someone wipes them away.
He lifts up my chin with his forefinger  and smiles at me.
Our eyes meet and I feel a surge of emotion press down the guilt.

Love.