Awoken (chapter one)

“Lan Zhang I’m sorry,” Wei Ying said tears sliding down his cheeks then down to his neck. Wei Ying backed up slowly to the edge with one last glance he looked back at the one person he knew still loved him. “I love you,” He said falling back slowly till he felt someone grab his arm stopping him from falling. “I can’t lose you, not like this” Lan Zhan said with blood dripping down his arm to his hand, staining his white sleeve. You could see the anguish in his eyes. “Lan Zhan let go,” Wei said smiling. You could see the sadness in his eyes. Jiang Cheng walked up the cracked path up to where he would face his brother. “Wei Wuxian!” He screamed feeling every ounce of anger overwhelm him. He was infuriated, both angry and sad. He felt every ounce of anger escape his body. He had just lost his mother and father and now his sister because of Wei Wuxians actions. He could no longer handle and restain his feelings. He gripped the handle of his sword firmly in his hand, unsheathing it revealing a blood-stained blade. “Jiang Wanyin!” Lan Zhan Yelled nearly dropping Wei Ying from his grasp. Noticing he held his arm tighter causing his arm to bleed more profusely. Jiang Cheng threw his sword hitting a rock causing it to break. Wei Ying noticed that if the rock broke Lan Zhan would to fall to his death alongside him. Wei breaks free from Lan Zhan’s grasp and falls slowly to his death. 

Wei Ying woke up from what felt like a nightmare but was sadly his true reality. Wei Woke up, the sun beaming on his face nearly blinding him. “What?” Wei said he was very confused, all he could remember is falling to his death. “Wei Wuxian!” a loud and obnoxious voice yelled. "Wei Wuxian you're awake!" The voice sounded familiar almost like someone he used to know. Wei finally opened up his eyes and slowly sat up from the warm sheets. Wei slowly turned his head towards the voice he heard. When he turned his head all he could see was a blur. The blur of someone he thought he knew. "Who are you?" Wei said rubbing his eyes in confusion. After a while of adjusting he could finally see clearly. Everything was bright but had a tiny bit of darkness. "I'm so glad you're back so much bad is gonna happen soon!" Wei finally could see who it was and to his surprise, it was his old best friend Nie Huaisang. Wei couldn't even process that he was alive but that his friend Nie brought him back. Everything was a shock at this point. "Why am I alive?" Wei asked confused. He looked at Nie who was fanning his face with his black iron fan. As he would fan his face his hair would flow with the breeze. "Nie!" Wei yelled trying to get his attention back. Nie jumped from the sudden yell and stumbled backward. "How and why did you bring me back?" Wei ask still very confused over the whole situation. Wei was sitting on a bed in one of the Nie clans bedrooms. "I- I brought you back because something bad is gonna happen" Nie stuttered in fear of Wei getting mad. "What's gonna happen and why are you so afraid?" Wei asked with an eyebrow raised. "I just I-" Nie stuttered again but this time you could see the fright on his face. Nie was shaking like he saw a ghost. "Hey, Nie it's okay I'm here now" Wei reassured him trying to get him to calm his nerves at least a little bit. "M-My brother was k-killed" Nie cried. The pain he felt was so powerful it looked like every bone in his body was breaking. Tears streaming down his face to his neck. He could no longer hold back the pain he had felt and just screamed. Wei moved off the bed to Nie Huaisangs side to comfort him. He was afraid he was going to break him like he was a piece of glass. His body was trembling, all he could do is comfort him and make him feel safe. After a good 10 minutes passed of tears and pain Nie calmed down and could finally explain. "Jin Guangyao killed my brother Nie Mingjue," Nie said with no emotion, no tears, nothing. Wei was shocked, Nie Mingjue the Nie clan leader was killed by his own sworn brother. "How I couldn't imagine him killing Clan leader Nie" Wei questioned. What could Jin Guangyaos plan be Wei thought? "My brother used to like and looked up to Jin Guangyao but ever since he killed a member of our clan Mingjue hated him," Nie said still sniffing from earlier. Wei could feel the darkness in the air. He honestly doesn't know what's gonna come from this but he hopes it’s not brutal. "You're the only person I could trust with this information plus if the other clans find out you're alive you and the Nie clan are in danger" Nie stated. Nie knew the dangerous consequences of bringing me back although I understand why he brought me back, he wants revenge and I could help him take it. "I'll help you but people will recognize me so I'll need a mask or something to hide my identity," Wei said hoping Nie would have something. "Ahh, I have some masks in our treasure room that are taking up space that you could use," Nie said now back to his somewhat normal self. 

After finding a mask to wear I wanted to know how I could help Nie with his problems. Somehow the yin metal is connected and there are more small clans being slaughtered. I wanted to know just how much this place has changed since Nie Huaisang became the clan leader. I was shocked to find out that everyone thinks of him as stupid. “Nie, how did Jin Guangyao become the jin clan leader?” Wei asked scratching the bridge of his nose. “He killed his father as well,” Nie said glancing over at Wei. Nie still couldn’t believe that Wei Wuxian the yiling patriarch was alive. The friend he missed so much is back and he didn’t know how to feel. Suddenly Nie remembered that someone else important was continuously searching for Wei. “Wei, what about Lan Zhan?” Nie asked looking towards Wei to see how he would react. Wei’s eyes opened after enjoying the sun and the breeze. “You should tell him you’re back,” Nie said worried that he pinched a nerve. “I’m afraid he has probably moved on after these 16 years,” Wei said, tears forming in his eyes. Wei knew he couldn’t face Lan Zhan after what happened. 

[Authors Note]
Hello everyone! I hope your day/night is going well. I just wanna say thank you for reading the first chapter of my new fanfiction. I'm sorry if there are some errors but I'll hopefully improve over time. Anyway thank you again and please vote and comment what you thought so I could get some feedback. Thank you loves~