Chapter Twenty-one

"Us. I want to talk about us, Uryu." I said. His expression was hard to read but he did look confused.

"Us? What do you mean Y/n?" Uryu asked with a small adjustment of his glasses.

"You seem distant from me. You rarely speak to me. I feel invisble to you Uryu." I said. I had to say the truth otherwise no problem would be solved. "You always seem to be here one second and gone the next."

"And why does that matter to you?" He asked simply. My heart sank slightly. He hasn't caught on to anything.

"How blind are you?" I asked feeling a little frustrated again.

"Excuse me?" He looked shocked by my words.

"I asked, how blind are you Uryu? Tell me! I try to have conversations with you, can't you see I crave a bit of your attention?! I try to do everything I can just to even get you to look at me! Why can't you see it?!" I let every single emotion out that I had and had been carrying around for too long.

"Y/n, I get what your saying but what is your exact point?" He asked trying to stay calm, which looked easy for him.

"I like you Uryu!" I blurted out, his eyes went wide in shock for a few moments as everything fell quiet.

"Y/n. You should know by now.....I don't like soul reapers." His words were cold. I couldn't continue this without crying, I was about to busticate but only in a mental and emotional way.

Tears fell slowly down my face before they started falling more rapidly, my vision blurred by them.

"But I-" I cut him off.

"I don't want to hear another word from you!" I said now a sobbing mess before I ran back downstairs with all my things and ran my way home, I could hear him calling out to that whole time as I ran.

I tried to shut the front door to the shop but turns out Uryu had nearly caught up to me at this point. He put his arm in the door to stop me.

"Y/n please listen." He said forcing himself inside. Then making sure to close the door.

"No!" I said and ran to my room with him following again. I tried shuting my door but he stopped it from closing. I even tried sitting down and closing the door with my feet just to push him out but that didn't work.

"Y/n! You're jumping to conclusions! Just listen to what I have to say! Please." His tone sounded desperate. I wanted to say no, but I couldn't.

"What do you want?" I asked giving him a slight glare as I wiped my face.

"To finish what I was going to say." Uryu crouched down and looked deeply into my eyes.

"I like you too. The only soul reaper I'll ever like....is you." He said.