11. Definitely Not Waiting

-Jordan-

-Jordan-

I couldn't care less if Blake came to see me or not. I didn't care at all. He didn't know me, so who was he to give me any advice on how to live my own life? He wasn't a doctor, nor a psychologist, so he had no business to tell me what I should do.

It was ten in the morning, meaning I needed to start studying. I studied different subjects for six hours each day. Back when I was a teenager, I had participated in an online school, and once I completed my studies there, I continued studying on my own. I was past college level, but I didn't have much use for education. I still continued, because it was a part of my daily plan.

I had a thick book about chemistry in front of me, but I didn't see the complicated patterns printed on it. I was staring at the book, but I could only see the front door, looming at the edge of my sight. I usually didn't even remember it existed, but now it was occupying my thoughts like it was radiating or something.

Minutes passed, and I didn't move an inch. I was holding a pencil in my hand, stopped to a halt in mid-air. I could hear Blake's voice speaking inside my head, telling me to start seeing my family.

I hadn't asked Mr. Xavier about it. He would've told me no; that it was too soon. It would only ruin my progress. He was a good man, an expensive psychiatrist, so he knew what was best for me. He'd been my shrink for five years, and with his help, I was improving. I needed to trust him, not a low-life thief. I turned to look at the door. It was silly to even consider Blake's words. I couldn't do it. It was impossible for me to see my mom in person.

I had a photo of my family on my desk. I touched the cold surface. I missed them terribly. I couldn't even remember the last time I had spoken face-to-face with my sisters. I knew Dad was avoiding me, and it made me miserable. And Mom... She always walked the extra mile for me. She was tired, exhausted and drowning in work, but she always had time for me and my sisters. I knew she sometimes slept only a few hours, and I hated it. They all did everything for me. Even Joy had a job.

I forgot to study when I stared at the photo. It was taken a few years ago, and I wasn't in it. I wasn't in any of the pictures. The last one taken of me was from when I was six years old. It was almost like I had died on that horrible night. I only existed in this apartment of mine. Even Blake didn't know I lived there, even though he must've kept a close eye on the house before breaking in.

I put the picture down and turned my attention to my book. I never let myself care about the loneliness, but at that moment, it was eating me alive. I turned to look at the clock on the wall and sighed.

Eight hours and forty-six minutes.

*****

I didn't get much done with my studies, and when it was finally four o'clock, I put the books away and cleaned my desk, before I walked into my kitchen to get something to eat. I kept staring at my clock while I ate some yogurt.