66. Tied Forever

-Blake-

-Blake-

I woke up in the middle of the night. It was dark, but I didn't need to see what had woken me up. The weather outside was miserable. The wind was blowing, and I could barely see through the window since it was raining so hard. The storm was loud, so that had to be why I was awake now.

I was amazed that Jordan was still asleep. I peered at him and smiled at his peaceful expression as he slept curled up against me. I moved a little to my side to take a better look at him, pulling the covers carefully tighter around us. I kissed his temple and enjoyed the sight for a little while longer before I turned to look outside again.

Thank God I didn't have to be out in that weather. It was so much cozier under the warm covers, surrounded by fluffy pillows and Jordan's arms. I shivered at the memory of sleeping outside on the hill behind the house. The weather was exactly the same as it was back then...

Back when I still was a homeless criminal. That person would've wrinkled his nose at the person I had become. By my old standards, I was spoiled now. The old me would've tried to rob the new me if he had the chance, and that thought almost made me laugh.

Oh... If I'd had the opportunity to go back in time and have a little chat with my old self... I'd tell him... I'd tell him that everything was going to be all right. That it wouldn't take long before he was a ghost no more. He'd have an actual name, and not one, but two families who cared about him. He would have a home soon, and technically a job as an assistant for two companies.

I turned to look at Jordan again.

The old me had absolutely no idea how lucky he was about to get. How lucky he would be to have such an amazing man by his side and be in love and be loved.

I rested my head against Jordan's. The thunder outside seemed to be growing stronger by the second, but no matter how hard it tried, it couldn't get to us. It couldn't blow away my home like it always did with my tent.

Though it was able to not let me sleep for the rest of the night, but I was willing to let it have that small victory. It had quieted down at some point in the morning, but I only got a few hours of sleep before I was woken up by a couple of sneaky hands on my back.

"Good morning," Jordan purred when I opened my eyes. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"How on earth were you able to sleep so well last night?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?"

"It was storming for hours," I explained, and peered at the windows. Now the weather was just fine.

"Oh? I didn't hear it," he chuckled, caressing my shoulder. "You look exhausted. Did you get any sleep?"

"Barely..." I grunted, earning a chuckled from him.