Siblings

How Sasagawa felt when Tsuna told his sister about the mafia

Sasagawa could feel the tingling pain spreading throughout his entire fist.

He feels the dust and dirt brushing past his blood-soaked fingers.

He feels the rough texture of the small crater he just made upon the wall.

He feels it all, but honestly inside, it's not enough.

It's not enough to hide his anger, his disappointment, his dissatisfaction.

He realizes the necessity of it, he actually does. It's not like he was blind to it all.

He may be EXTREMELY short on the uptake, but it doesn't mean he doesn't get why Tsuna did it.

But he's still angry either way.

Angry because now, his precious little sister is officially involved in all this; involved with Vongola, involved with the conflict, with the fighting.

And all he wishes is for his sister to be OUT of it.

He's quivering, shaking, and it takes all of Dino to hold him back from punching Tsuna right in the jaw.

(He knows how worthless it is to punch him, but he feels like he'll feel some sort of relief by doing so.)

-||-

When he bumps into his sister later that day in the base, it takes all of his will to not crush her under his hug.

He wants to continue keeping her inside the base; safe from all the fightings and conflicts happening outside.

To fight is already a promise broken with Kyoko; he just doesn't want to further worry the girl.

He doesn't want her to see all the ugliness he has to face, the disparity, the deaths, the struggles.

None of those are things Kyoko should ever see and have to worry about.

That's something he should face alone.

That's what he promised himself many, many years ago.

But as if she had read his mind, she smiles at him with serenity and understanding.

She returns her brother's hug with warmth and love, and it took all of Ryohei's being to stop the tears from flowing out of his eyes.