Chapter 1

My name is Lauren Jauregui I'm the COO of the Jauregui's industry that my father owns , my mother is a surgeon owns her own hospital now and my brother Chris is also a surgeon that is why I got that position in my father's company and my youngest sister Taylor still in high school, back to me. I'm 27 years old I live alone in a penthouse with no one except my lovely fish, I love partying and going outliving the best of my life but when its time to work then its work. I'm single right now I had a girlfriend seven months ago it wasn't that serious though.

I was sitting by my desk till someone knocked on the door, " come in Lilly". Lilly was my secretary the perfect one, she was only three years younger than me, sometimes when we stay late in my office we chat a bit. she lives alone with a dog his name I think was Jasper, loves cooking and reading sometimes and yeah she has a crush on me. two years ago she confessed to me, to be honest, it was a bit weird and awkward but things went back to normal for sure by now she moved on. "Hey Ms.Jauregui, I have some good news, "Lilly said, "Yes Lilly what is it?" I asked," We got the permission to see the property near the beach for the new project and they said we can come by today later on." Finally!!! Ok, then Lilly please take care of everything and cancel all the appointments for today ok" I replied with excitement running through my voice I have been waiting for long just to get the permission from the owners to see the property from inside and everything." Ok, I will get that done, And Ms.Jauregui don't forget about your father big dinner he's excepting you the first to come" She said a bit worried, "don't worry Lilly I promised dad to make it to dinner tonight thanks for the reminder though, Bye" I said rushing out, I start the engine of my car then head off to the property. Once I arrived I saw Shawn Mendes the owner standing alone waiting for me, I got out of my car smiling to him." Hello Shawn, sorry but I'm a bit in rush I have to be home after two hour exact so let's get inside already" I said and already opened the door to get inside, Shawn explained to me about every detail and things like that I loved the area around here it is nice to turn it into a restaurant.

(2 hours later at the Jauregui mansion)

I was sitting in the kitchen drinking a glass of red wine with my best friend Justin as my parents were waiting for the Cabello family in the dining room they have known them before I was even born and today is a big day for my family and the Biebers, mom told me that the Cabello family had two daughters the oldest is interior designer and the youngest still in school. " what do you prefer Laur a black Lamborghini or a blue BMW sport?" Just asked. " hmmm I guess I would go with a BMW since I already have a Lamborghini but yeah Lamborghini is way cooler" I answered him." That is right. Anyways how was your day at work?" he asked," it was good I went to look  the property made aa contract with Shawn so yeah everything is going well and slow" I said while sipping on my wine" that is right" he said,"mom called us over ," Come on dude I'm hungry" I told him taping on his shoulder, as we went to the dining room.

" I missed you so much Jauregui " Mr. Cabello said to dad while hugging him

" same here Al its been too long really" dad said nearly tearing up. After they ended their hug Alejandro looked over at me " you must be Lauren you grew up fast since last time I saw you" he said while hugging me . the Cabello entered the dinning room then sat down they started chatting and catching up , I was scrolling through my phone till I heard a sweet voice that got my attention  " hey sorry I'm late" I looked over the girl damn girl who are you she was wearing a tight short baby pink dress and white heels its getting hot in here I swear to god. "Its fine come and sit down" said Ms.Cabello the girl walked towards my mom and hugged her " Awwww mija you look like a beautiful woman you grew so much" my mom said to her while hugging her like i crazy woman i bet she's suffocating now. After that she hugged my dad too and i think she's the eldest daughter of the Cabello family   she sat next to my mom which is in front of me i kept staring at her sexy tanned legs wow imagine them wrapped around my waist i need to stop it or else imma get a boner right here and now but damn ba-" Lauren honey this my daughter Camila she's a designer graduated last year " Alejandro said getting me out of my thoughts. " Nice to meet you Camila " i said smiling and kind of waved at her she just smiled back that is cute girl. Our families started chatting for like another fifteen minutes and the maid called us for dinner.

At dinner my father was talking about business real estate shit like that and mom was talking to Sinu about her new collection of plates from China.  "So Camila since you just graduated are you working in your dad company?" I asked trying to start a conversation with her," No not really I'm not working at the moment but i will start on January next year at dad's, What about you?"she looked at me," i do work I'm the COO of my dad's company I have been working there since I graduated from high school" I said taking a bite from my stake," that is good helping your dad with business , if you don't mind me asking how old are you" ," why? Wondering if I'm too old for you to date and i'm 27 does that suits you Ms.Cabello?" i said looking at her smirking , she almost chocked on her drink " what umm no i was just wondering stop it" she said blushing."

After dinner ended we had our dessert and time went fast its midnight so they had to leave , i walked Camila to her car and opened the door for her," can i have your number maybe meet up someday or maybe i will need a beautiful designer ?" ," Sure Lauren " she said smiling at me , she gave me her number and then said goodbye and went off.

i went inside the house saw dad standing while holding up his glass ," looks like someone is interested in a Cabello" i want to shove that smirk out of his face , " she is not bad dad and i just met her " i said ," yes but please don't hurt her she is going through a lot Alejandro has been diagnosed with a lung cancer and that is a lot for her" he said warning me and went up to his room. i layed in mbed while sending for Camila a good night so she can save my number.