Game day ⚽️

Fse ^

It's our first home game and I'm so heated. School today rocked my shit. From having to see Mar to being sent to the counselors office.

Mattia drives us to the school, and it's already packed. We are playing our rival school, so tickets sell out fast. We go to the locker room (lets just say they're all dressed, so right now they are in the boys locker room)

We walk in and automatically it smells like BO and sweat.

Mila: gross

Mattia: what?

Mila: why do boys always smell so fucking bad?

Mattia: shut the hell up.

I set my bag down on one of the benches in the room. Most of the boys are here. Coach walks in and tells us to huddle.

We get into the circle and I'm in between Mar and Kairi. I roll my eyes and move closer to Kairi.

Kairi: little too close there bud.

I point next to me secretively.

He just nods and we focus our attention to coach.

Coach: alright, first home game, and we are playing our rival team. If we don't win, four suicides up and down the field next practice.

Alejandro: you're kidding.

Coach: does this look like the face of someone who is kidding. This is the biggest game of the year, besides the playoffs. Which of course we will get into. Captains and co-captain you're up. Talk to your team.

Mar, Mattia, and some senior walk to the middle of the circle.

Senior: we gon' kick some ass tonight?!

The team screams YEAH!

Mattia: play as a team, and focus! Got it!

YEAH!

Mar: no fights this year though.

No promises...

Mar and I make awkward eye contact.

All the boys start yelling and we run out onto the field.

I'm so nervous. This is my first game with the boys. If i screw up the game or at any point, I'll be embarrassed. Just don't screw up Mila, you're fine.

When we get to the field we start doing the regular drills for warm up.

I do pretty good, but I keep getting weird stares from the other team. Are they intimidated or something?

Robert picks up the ball and throws it... a little too far. It rolls over to the other team.

Mila: i got it.

I run over and grab the ball. A kid from the other team kicks it over to me.

#4: hola, mamacita. You must be hella good if you're on the boys varsity team.

I roll my eyes. I start jogging away.

#98: aye! Let me get some of that ass after the game, yeah?

Mar looks up from the circle the boys have formed. He runs up to me and grabs my arm to comfort me, I guess.

I force my arm out of his grasp.

Mila: it's fine.

I say stubbornly. I make my way to our circle and pretend like nothing happened.