1-What A Day

[Note: some of the chapters are out of order. Please make sure you read the right one or it may not make sense. I'm trying to fix it]

The last thing I needed when waking up today was to do it late. Like, really late.

And finding the note on my door:

"hey, sweetheart,
had to reset the power last night, might have to reset your alarm. And I had to take your car, the van is out of gas. Have a great day at work! Kisses!
-Mom"

Yeah, thanks mom. So helpful.

I look at the time. 9:08AM. I have one hour to make it to the other side of the city for my architect's assistant job.

But It was a nice day. Sunny, warm, for January, a small, brisk breeze made it's way between the buildings. It was perfect for a walk through Ninjago City.

I think I can be late for one day.

The east end of town was always really friendly, people-saying-hi-and- holding-doors-open sort of place.

I was walking up a hill with older brick buildings that somehow survived the great devourer, the overlord- twice, and big purple snakes.

I guess we do owe the ninja alot. They're all people are talking about. Sensei Lloyd this and Cole's a gost that and who Nya likes and who the ninja like and all their private information and interests spread wide over the media. I kind of feel bad for them.

My thoughts wonder back to the building I stroll by, deep red and soft brown brick against beautifully carved marble and stone. A pillar, an arch, old wood trims with chipped paint, the brilliant green ivy that climbed it. Ivory flying eaves, iron work and dark dragon gargoyles. I loved the old architecture here. The soul, the spirit, the history.

I wave to an elderly lady that owns a tea shop. Everything so full of character. Just like the people.

Lost in thought, I don't see the body infront of me. Nor am I able to stop myself from walking into it.

"Woah! Hey," I cry out as I land on my butt. My eyes land on a brown spikey haired red clad boy about my age also on his rear end in the snow.

He shakes his head to clear his thoughts for a moment before jumping up, grabbing my arm and pulling me around the corner into the alley and behind a large electrical box.

I was confused as he pushed my back against the wall and stood beside me flat against the brick.

"Wh-"

"Shh!" his hand- wich was really warm- slapped over my mouth. He looks off to the main street like he's listening for something. I listen too.

And then I hear it. It was like a stampede. Accompanied by screaming. Not just the typical, there's-some-monster-on-the-loose scream, (that's normal here, now.) but one of those crazed fan-girl screams. And lots of them.

As soon as I come to this conclusion, I see them. "Where are you?" "Oh, Kai!" "Kai!" "Come back!" "Kaaiiii!!" They all screamed, overlapping each other as they passed our hiding place.

"Mr.Smith," "Kai, just a few questions!" "Mr.Smith!" They were followed by a crew of sharply dressed men and women with cameras and microphones.

As soon as they disappear, I reach up and pull the hand away from my mouth and get a good look at my attacker.

The slightly out of breath man was a few inches taller than me, his rich green eyes were wide, still focused on where the girls were. His used-to-be perfectly styled hair was slightly windblown. He had handsomely tanned skin and his clothes were similar to-

Fangirls...
Reporters...
Gelled hair...
Red gi...

This was one of the famed ninja! Kai Smith. The red/fire ninja. Or a really good cosplayer. I recognize him now. Wow, what a day. Bf/N would be crazy right now. Actually, thinking about it, she was probably in that crowd. As a reporter, not a fan-girl, though.

Bf/N is trying to get the big scoop of the year to submit to a journalism school on the other side of the city. Since I met her in first grade, she's wanted to be a NCNC (Ninjago City News Center) reporter just like her aunt, Gale Gossip. The over dedicated woman that seems to coincidentally be wherever the biggest news is.

"Are you okay?" Again I'm shaken from my thoughts by Kai. This time isn't as clumsy as last time. I focus back on him.

"Uh, yeah," I assure him. "Just a little bruised from where you attacked me, match stick."

"I did not attack you," he scoffs. "If they saw you, they would ask you if you saw me, if they didn't see you, you'd be a pancake on the sidewalk." His mouth turned up in a playful smirk. "I just saved your life. You're welcome. "

I stare at him and smirk. So that's how you want yo play? "You know, you are an unbelievable hot-head."

He takes a mock bow. "Thank you."

"Not in a good way, All those girls have gone to your hair, buddy," I remark.

"Hey, my hair is fine."

"It's a bit over the top, hedgehog."

"Hedgho- I have a name."

"Oh, I know, big-shot, you and your friends are on every channel." And I have all the power.

"Not much I can do about that. But the question is: do you have a name?"

I raise my eyebrows in mock shock. "Oh, so little ol'me is important enough for the great Kai Smith?"

"KAI! I found you, you sneaky ninja!" We both look up to see a girl with bleached hair and a red sweater that resembled a revealing version of Kai's gi and a buttload of makeup including a delicate flame by her eye at the opening of the alley.

Kai's eyes widened and his fun smile turned into a nervous one. "Oh, boy," he breathed. "Itwasnicetomeatyouwhateveryournameisihopewerunintoeachotheragainsoon!" I almost didn't catch what he said before he turned on his heal and ran up the wall, effectively getting away from the girl.

I cupped my hands around my mouth. "Call me Y/n!" I gave a small chuckle and thought about how in the name of FSM I was gonna tell Bf/n that I met one of the co-stars for her big story.

The blonde gave me a dirty look as I walked past her, mumbling something about 'loving him more.'

Pft. Like anyone could be more obsessed with someone than you, honey.

What a day.

And it was only 10AM.