Chapter 23

Daniel

I watched the house over the last couple of days, Victoria doesn't show up. The attic lights never turn on, I don't know what happened to her. From what Rowan and Owen have told us is that Victoria is their sister, well Owen's half sister and Rowan's twin. Victoria's mother doesn't seem to be worried about her children as she doesn't do anything. She does leave the house from time to time but I can't seem to follow her she disappears right before I can see where she's going.

"There hasn't been any news." I tell uncle Rick. "I think they've killed her."

Rick sighs we've been hoping that we could get her in time, but if Rowan haven't been in Victoria's place that night then we would have had her. Trained her to be a Hunter, found out the truth about her father.

"I don't think they did." Rose said. I haven't seen her a lot lately, she'd been hiding mostly, everyone in the compound knew what happened and avoid her.

"Why do you think that?" I asked, nicely trying not to snap. I had failed this mission I let Victoria out of my sight and now look what happened.

Rose showed us a bunch of papers I've seen before. Victoria had them all over her desk back in the attic.

"In the notes, I don't know if Victoria wrote them or her mother did. It just states that when someone finds out about werewolves they do to the Alpha of a pack and the Alpha decides whether he wants them part of his people or death. If what Rowan says is true and Victoria is Rowan's twin their mother wouldn't have told the Alpha that she's part Hunter. It is possible that the Alpha let her live and she has a mate." Rose explained, reading from most papers that looked like it didn't make sense.

"If she does have a mate how do we know she's not been bitten or scratched yet?" I asked hope rising in my chest.

"Rowan said that a werewolf that's been bitten or scratched had to be 17 in order to find a mate. If you were born a werewolf you got a soulmate, and then when you found them the Alpha got to tell you when your allowed to be with them if your under 17. 17 in the age of adulthood to werewolves." Rose explained.

"Victoria's 16 when's her birthday?" Rick asked speaking for the first time.

"Rowan says by the next full moon." Rose said.

"Then you two have until the next full moon to find Victoria and get her here." Rick said going into his office and closing the door.

Now we just have to find out where the werewolves were keeping Victoria.

*********

Victoria

I was pacing the room, the werewolf who's name I kept forgetting locked me in this room and some blonde bitch brought my food every couple of hours. He didn't bother talking to me, he only asked when my birthday was and how old I was before locking me in the basement.

It was a lot better then the attic wasn't trashed, but it was windowless and smelled wrong. I couldn't place the smell but there was an actual bathroom here just without a shower. I kept pacing mother came to see me from time to time trying to figure out where the Hunters took Owen and Rowan but I didn't know. I needed to think of a plan to get out of here.

The door opens, I didn't look knowing it was either mother or the bitchy blonde snapping at me that she brought food. I didn't eat I seriously didn't trust the bitch no to poison it. What I wasn't expecting Daniel.

The first thing I could think of to say was. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Was I dumb? Of course he was going to be here to help me run away. "Come on, they'll be awake soon we have to go."

I quickly walked up the stairs. I felt once again like I've been in a horror movie but without being murdered. Or should say watching my friends be murdered. Anyways, I haven't seen the sun in a few days, my hair was a mess, I was covered in dirt because yes I did put up a fight before being pushed down the basement stairs.

"How did you find me?" I asked. He was covered in blood, he had a black eye, his nose was still bleeding, probably the same blood on his white shirt. A few of his fingers looked messed up and he had a bandage around his arm.

"Right now isn't the time." Daniel snapped.

I didn't ask anymore questions just followed him out of the house he had a car parked out front. The village was very quiet.

***********

Daniel ( a couple of hours ago)

I went back to watching Victoria's mother, I couldn't stand being around the compound with nothing to do but pace. I went to talk to Rowan she seemed to be a little more help, but even she didn't know what her mother had planned. I was so angry. At my uncle, at Rose for getting scratched. At Carly for getting pregnant, at my parents for getting killed. Most of all for being a Werewolf Hunter.

Fuck it. I thought. I jumped down from the tree I was watching the wolf girl from. I wasn't going to keep watching her she didn't seem to give a fuck about her children. I knocked on her front door.

"Where's Victoria?" I snapped at her.

"I was beginning to think you little hunters would never show up." She said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Where. Is. She?" I said slowly.

"She's with her mate, her future is in his hands." She said. "Now I want my babies back."

I barked out a laugh. "They're dead already."

Which wasn't true, not yet, Owen couldn't take another beating his wolf healing wasn't doing anything with all the silver in his blood. Rowan, I knew was going to be killed. They were just waiting to see if she knew anything else.

Louisa put a hand to her mouth, tears threaten to fall as if she was actually human and was able to have feelings. "My -"

I cut her off by throwing her into a wall. "Where is Victoria? And if I have to kill every last wolf in this fucking village I will! Now tell me where she is."

It only made her smile, like she knew something I didn't. I didn't like it I threw her head into a wall. I wanted answers and I knew that werewolves loved violent.