Will we meet again?

I went to that same area, at the same time, with the same objective, locate that creature. I had been looking for it for a week but it was pointless. So I gave up and went back to diving randomly, it was pleasurable so, why not?

I yanked a crystal off of the cave wall and placed it into my satchel. These were extremely beautiful and rare to find, but I didn't take too many as my bag could only carry so much.

I swam back to the surface, climbed on the peer and pulled the mask off my face, breathing in deeply. I took off the fins, swung my towel over my shoulder and started on the walk home.

I used my towel to dry off before entering the house. Yesterday when I had forgotten my towel, I left a trail of water behind me upon entering the house, which my grandfather found and told me to clean up.

He works as a marine biologist, which I guess is where my love for water comes from because he raised me since I was a toddler.

After I changed my clothes I laid in bed thinking about that creature, that merman.

I was hoping I would get to see him, but I never saw that bright red tail, only blue ocean.

I yawned watching the sunset through my window, I had spent the whole day at the beach, but it was worth it. I rolled over on my side wrapping myself in the sheets, drifting off to sleep, as one sole thought lingered in my mind.

🌄🌄Next morning🌄🌄

"Akai, wake up"

I rubbed my eyes as I got up, slowly adjusting to the sunlight.

"Come on Akai, get ready"

I blinked in confusion. Ready? Ready for what?

"Ready for what, gramps?"

"You forgot didn't you"

I shrugged my shoulders, yawning as I swung my legs over the bed standing up.

"I'm taking you to my office today"

My eyes lit up and all ounces of drowsiness were gone as I rushed my grandpa out of the room so I could get ready.

I hastily put on a crop top and a pair of short jeans, as I rushed downstairs to make breakfast, almost choking on my toast in the process.

"Akai slow down"

"Are you crazy! I don't want you to be late cause of me"

"I'm already late"

I looked up at the clock and was shocked to see half-past eight.

"C'mon gramps let's go!"

I yelled running towards the car, as he tried to keep up with me. We eventually made it, but I had made him an hour late.

If he got punished I would feel guilty, it was my fault after all. When we reached the entrance of the building he swiped a card on a scanner and the door opened, leading to a hallway consisting of many doors with more scanners.

We stopped at a door with a turquoise color scheme, I kept looking around at the general greatness of it all. My grandpa tugged at my arm and we went into an EXTREMELY large room, it had several desks with huge monitors.

I was in awe until I saw a familiar picture on a computer screen. It was a picture of a merman, so I wasn't imagining it, they are real but did they capture any yet, was my main question.

"So gramps have you guys ever caught one of these before"

I said pointing at the picture he sighed, as he put on his doctor's coat.