We're not together!!!

YO PPL IM BAAAAAAACK. Plz like my story 😅😅😅😅😨😨😨😨😓

"Atem! Where are you going?"

I turned around to be greeted by my father who eyed me suspiciously.

"I'm going to the sun island," I said rather blandly.

If I wasn't allowed to go on public beaches to sunbath, I could at least go to the private island.

"Atem no merperson has gone there in years. It might be infested with humans!"

I clenched my teeth, "Don't talk about them like their rodents!" 

"Atem if the island is stranded you may go sunbath there, but if you spot a human come straight home"

I nodded my head with a grim look on my face. At least he didn't try to play matchmaker.

That island was known as Destiny Island. Two souls would put together the two pieces of a heart conch shell and when they put them together their souls would bond. My father told me it wasn't easy, there are hundreds of shells on the beach only your soul mate can find the other half.

To swim from the kingdom to the island would take at least an hour. 'maybe taking a Jasper will help...'

I swam towards the Crystal Empire and decided to grab a Jasper the only backfire was that it was the opposite direction of the island. 

much contemplation later I decided to get the crystal today and go to the island tomorrow. After classes was the usual three-day break, I would have plenty of time.

           ------POV CHANGE------

"Kaiba wait!" I shouted, lugging my unusually heavy suitcase behind me.

He gave me a small glance before stopping and tapping his foot impatiently.

"Do you want me to pull that one?"

He didn't even give me a chance to answer and grabbed the handle leaving me with his suitcase.

I quickly grabbed the handle and started walking after him, thankfully the suitcase was lighter and I was able to catch up with him.

He swiped the card that was given to us when we boarded. I felt a sense of relief wash over me when I heard the clicking of the door opening.

'I feel so out of place everything and everyone we've walked pasted looks so rich and expensive. I feel like the only duckling except instead of ugly I'm poor'.

We walked into the room and threw myself on the bed from utter exhaustion. I would've fallen asleep if Kaiba didn't tell me something that truly overwhelmed me.

"They're having reception in an hour and unfortunately we have to be present," I groaned at his words and reluctantly arose from the soft bed.

I decided to check my suitcase since the weight was worrying me. I assured myself that even if my whole closet what in there it didn't have anything that would weigh so much.

I opened the suitcase to be dazzled by several piles of neatly folded dresses, the other side of the suitcase contained some of my clothes.

I picked up one of the dresses and I realized it looked like the dress in my wishlist. It was the same strapless velvet midi dress with lace covering the bottom.

I folded the dress and placed it back into the suitcase, I closed it and placed it into the closet.

I grabbed my phone hoping for a missed call from my grandfather but nothing. I sighed and decided not to let it ruin my mood.

           ------POV CHANGE------

I swam out of the palace to see Brooklyn and Kaito. I told them to wait for me by the entrance but to my disappointment, they didn't come.

I swam around looking for them. I was able to sneak out of the kingdom and started frantically searching for them. It wasn't like them to bail on a swim through the kelp forest.

I heard a familiar scream and rushed to the source, realizing it was Brooklyn's. I was horrified at the sight, Brooklyn and Kaito were in a fishing net. 

"Atem! Get out of here!" Brooklyn shouted.

"NO! I'm not having without both of you!"

I tried to use my claws but to my surprise, I didn't work. I got over my shock and flicked my tail causing a line of dark purple spikes to appear on the of my back leading down to by tail.

The net was shredded when I hit it with my tail, I grabbed Kaito and Brooklyn. I swam as fast as I could towards the kingdom.

I snuck them back in and led them to my room after we were in the safety of my room we caught our breaths.

"What happened guys?"

"We were coming from a neighboring colony and were coming here to meet you," Kaito explained.

"We were suddenly captured in a net and our claws weren't working," Brooklyn sobbed.

I sighed feeling sorry for my friends, " Y'all still want to go on the walk?"

Their faces lit up slightly and they nodded, we headed out to see the beauty of the forest.

            ------POV CHANGE------

I pulled down the dress, fixing the straps. The dress complimented my curves perfectly and it was one of my favorites.

I knocked on the bathroom door, "Let's go Kaiba."

He opened the door and stepped out wearing a dark blue suit with a white tie. He stared at me with a surprised look and I swear I saw him blush.

He snapped out of his daze and opened the door. I walked into the hallway and waited for him to lock the door.

I followed Kaiba since I didn't know where they were holding the reception. I felt the cool breeze and noticed we were on the deck.

I looked around and saw many woman wearing golden jewelry and the men wearing fine pressed suits that looked expensive.

I stood beside Kaiba and people came to shake our hands. Many of them thought we were a couple and Kaiba would deny it, only for them to roll their eyes and give us both looks. 

I walked to the railing and embraced the calming wind. I looked down at the sea and wished I had my scuba gear to go diving.

I felt someone walk by me and turned my head to see Kaiba looking at the see longingly.

"Don't go diving off the boat, I can't have you dieing here."

I chuckled and joined Kaiba, looking outwards and let my mind drift off to the sea creature. 'I wonder where he is now'