Found out

Enjoy my
Shitty plot
K bye

"Where is Atem?"

"I'm not sur-"

"I'M HERE!"

Damn, I should've taken a jasper I would've gotten here faster.

"Where were you Atem?"

"I was taking to um... Kaito"

"Fair enough, do you know why I called you here?"

"No"

"Well Atem, I'm not going to be forever and I don't want to see you ruling Atlantis alone"

He motioned to the guards and several mermaids swam into the throne room including Brooklyn.

She was the only one who's face wasn't red like a tomato. I gave my father a death stare attempting to make myself look hostile.

"DAD! WE TALKED ABOUT THIS"

"Yes and I'm trying to give a push in the right direction"

"More like a shove! You didn't have to bring a bunch of mermaids here to make a point"

"I just though seeing these beautiful mermaids would make you change your mind...you may leave"

They all left quickly most likely due to the awkward tension in the room. I was able to sneak out due to the mermaids obstructing my father's view.

           ------POV CHANGE------

I put my ear to the door and opened it slowly. I hoped the silence meant Kaiba was sleeping. 

Even though he wasn't at work I'm pretty sure he would end it early if he found his life's goal swimming in the water talking to me.

I crept down the stairs, careful to not make a sound as I closed the door behind me with a soft click. I took off my dress revealing my swimsuit underneath and grabbed the bag I had left outside. 

I opened it and one by one pulled out my scuba gear, I was about to strap on my tank when I realized I still had to refill it. I pulled off my mask disappointed yet relieved that I had remembered this time.

I was in the middle of stuffing the gear back into the bag when I heard someone call my name. I turned around quickly but no one was there.

"Hello!"

I quickly covered my mouth remembering Kaiba way sleeping and cursed internally, hopefully he didn't hear. I ran into the water relishing in the comforting warmth until I heard a loud splashing sound.

I looked around and eventually spotted a familiar crop of spiky hair poking out of the surface of the water. 

I swam over but before I could reach him he disappeared only for me to feel someone splash me from behind.

I turned around and saw Atem smiling brightly at me.

"Hey Atem"

"Akai! Where's your scuba gear?”

“Oh um... it’s inside”

“Hey let’s go towards the shore!”

We laid on the sand, our lower halves covered by the endless assault of waves.

We talked about our families and how his father was being very pushy about Atem getting married and how I got kicked out of my house.

It felt like maybe an hour or so when I heard the slam of a door and sudden silence afterward.