More secrets and More Revelations

ATEM finds some more secrets n' Akai makes a new 'friend'.

I closed my textbook finally finished on my chemistry project, a five-page assignment on the formation of crystals.

I heard a knock on the door and went downstairs, I hadn't heard from my grandfather in a month and he hasn't picked up whenever I've called. I've gotten really worried, I hoped Oka didn't brainwash him or anything like that.

I opened the door to see the owner of the house, I was surprised since Oka was supposed to be paying house rent. 

At that moment I realized that I hadn't received any money in the past month. I assumed she just said that to convince him to go with her. I should've known she wouldn't pay, that evil, little cockroach.

"Good afternoon sir, how can I help you"

"Where's your grandfather at? He has to pay his rent"

I cursed Oka in my mind. Hopefully, he would let me stay until someone else rented it.

"He's traveling but you were supposed to receive a payment from him"

"Well I ain't receive no paycheck missy"

"I don't have any money-"

"Well pack your bags cause you ain't staying here"

I realized protesting was a bad idea and fled upstairs softly weeping, I grabbed my suitcases and packed my stuff. Placing my scuba stuff into its special bag I carried my stuff downstairs and handed the key to the owner.

I sat on the sidewalk thinking where I would go, the college dorms were not a good idea as I always got teased for loving marine life. I couldn't stand being called a fish girl again, I was about to cry but then I realized I was out in the open and swallowed my fears.

I jumped as a car horn beeped right in front of me and I looked up to see Kaiba, he looked at me confused, rolling his eyes before finally talking.

"Get in the freaking car"

I obliged feeling embarrassed on the sidewalk by myself, pushing my stuff in the trunk before getting in.

"Where's your grandfather?" 

"He's… Traveling"

"He didn't even tell me he was leaving, I'm disappointed that my best scientist quit"

"Well, he didn't exactly say he was quitting…"

I kept my gaze downward, our last encounter wasn't all that memorable. I decided to tell him what happened, who else is there...and it's waaaay cheaper than a therapist.

"I sorta don't have anywhere to live now"

"And why are you telling me this?"

"You let me ride with you, so you must feel a slight fragment of pity"

"Why should I help you?" He scoffed.

"Cause I'm possibly your next best scientist"

"Nice one, I'll consider your situation" He chuckled.

He pressed the GPS and before I knew it we were driving off, I watched as my childhood home disappeared in the distance. 

I hugged myself, in hopes of soothing my breaking heart. It hadn't been more than fifteen minutes when we stopped. I looked out the window to see the most beautiful beach house.

He got into the car and opened the truck taking out an expensive-looking suitcase. I followed, taking in my suitcases and went inside the house behind him.