22

The next day, I find myself waiting in front of Felix's house –which just happens to be next to mine–  along with Seungmin. It's currently fifteen minutes past four in the afternoon, and we decided to meet here at four o'clock. But a certain someone decided not to show up, and we've been standing here for fifteen minutes now.

"I bet he's online and forgetting about us," Seungmin sighs and I nod, not doubting that statement at all. If you ever think of me as no-life gamer, look at Felix and think again.

"We can just go to his room to see what he's doing," I suggest, glancing at the dark blue front door. "Or maybe his mom knows, we can just ask."

"You know it's dangerous to disturb people that are connected, right?" my cherry-haired friend reminds me. I simply shrug, very well aware of that. But I said looking, not touching, so it's fine.

I know the risks of disturbing people all too well. Actually, everyone who is acquainted with Anthem of Fighting does. A bright red form comes with the package, and it explains everything that can go wrong. On top of the paper is stated that you should inform everyone in your household about it, to avoid any possible calamities. 

I never gave the paper to my parents. They would've definitely forbidden me to play the game after reading about possible brain damage, severe burns ad possibly, even worse. I just told them that no one should disturb me while I had that thing on my head and they agreed without asking further questions.

"Yeah, yeah," I mutter, already making my way to the door with Seungmin on my heels. "We'll just take a look and if he is connected, we do something else and reschedule our movie night, okay?"

"Seems fair," the taller agrees as I ring the doorbell.

A few seconds later, the door swings open, revealing a middle-aged woman who smiles brightly upon seeing us.

"Jisung, Seungmin!" she greets us, making it quite obvious where our best friend got his cheerful demeanor from. "Are you here to get Felix? I have no idea what he's doing but he's up in his room."

"Can we take a look? We'll leave him alone if he's connected," I ask and Felix's mother nods, stepping aside and gesturing for us to enter.

"Do you guys have plans?" she asks as we take off our shoes and neatly place them next to each other –because Felix's mom likes things neat and clean. If we wouldn't but them exactly next to each other, she would do it later on.

"Well, we're going to see a movie but we have to hurry a little bit," Seungmin tells her, checking his watch. "We were supposed to meet twenty minutes ago but Felix didn't really show up."

While the two are talking, I make my way up the stairs to look for Felix in his room. But right in that moment, someone hurries down the same stairs, their loud footsteps probably resonating through the entire house. My eyes widen before the person collides into me with a yelp, causing us both to roll down the stairs and land on the hard wooden floor with a groan.

"What the fuck, Felix," I curse, pushing the boy off me and sitting up slightly. Felix topples to the floor again, looking like he's about to have a fit of laughter. It's easy for him; he didn't land fully on the hard floor. He had me to break the impact.

"I swear, if you dare to laugh I'm telling Bin that you literally won't shut up about him in real life," I hiss between my teeth, giving my best friend a warning look before crawling back to my feet and turning to Seungmin, who also is trying his best not to burst out in laughter.

"Min, do you think we can still make it if we hurry?"

The cherry-haired boy checks his watch and nods. "Easily."