The Journey Begins

The boat was quiet at night, but for the lone person on the deck, gazing out to sea, there wasn't enough noise.

Her name is Tetra.

At the age of 16, girls search for boys, put on makeup, go to parties, occasionally have sex, get drunk, do school work, combat the monthly cycle, and sleep half the day away. Oh, and prom. One girl will never have half of that. She was alone on a ship at night, while her crew slept.

All the girl could think about was two things: Her mother, and the fantasy she had for ten years.

Every girl has a fantasy, whether its marrying a famous singer, actor, prince, athlete, or whatever. This girl had one as well. Thanks to the story her mother told her.

"Mommy?"

"Yes dear."

"Why do we have pointed ears, and other people don't?"

"Good question. It is because, where our ancestors come from, our people were said to hear messages from the Goddesses."

"Where are we from?"

"A land called Hyrule...The Golden Land blessed by the Goddesses...That's where our people are from, my daughter."

"Where is it, Mommy?"

"Long gone, my dear daughter. The islands are all that remain."

"How?"

"Evil, my daughter. Our people was troubled by an evil king, who wanted Hyrule for himself."

"Why?"

"Let me tell you that story, of the Golden Land. But first, take this."

"What is this, Mommy?"

Tetra looked under her red scarf, finding the golden item wrapped around her neck. A small triangle was connected to the necklace, and it had a small chip in the bottom. It was very beautiful, and it was hers to keep safe. She didn't know why.

"It is a family heirloom. My father passed it down to me, and his mother did the same. It is for you to protect. Consider it a lucky charm."

"Yes ma'am. I will protect it."

Tetra kissed the golden item, and place it under her scarf again. Whatever the item was, it was lucky. The girl and her crew were very successful pirates, and they were the most feared pirates as well.

Tetra made sure she'll honor her mother's dying wish, to protect the heirloom.

"Now, the story..."

..........

Across the ocean, on the lookout on a small isle, a young boy gazed out at sea.

His name is Link.

At the age of 16, boys did pretty much what girls did besides makeup, and search for boys (he doesn't know any boys that like other boys). He probably could have a girlfriend, but the problem with that is the only girl close to his age is Sue Belle, and she's 20. Sucks for being on a small island, but the boy actually likes her. She was just sooooooo hot. Every night, he'll think of her, and think about her, and think of being with her.

Then reality hits.

He also had a sister, 11 year-old Aryll, and a grandmother, Saria. His father died a year ago, and their mother...they don't know. According to their father, she was a drunk.