Princess Zelda

Yes. This is Hyrule... And I am its king, Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule." Link blankly stared at the man while Tetra looked at him with a death glare. The King ignored it, and Tetra all together. "Link, do you not recognize my voice?"

Link's eyes went wide with realization. All the stories, the relationships with the other spirits... "You're... No way!"

"Indeed. I am the one who guided both of you here. I am the King of Red Lions."

Tetra put one hand on her hips, and the other pointed at Daphnes. "Oh, so you're our talking boat? Why reveal yourself now?"

"There was no need for me to reveal my true identity to you so long as that blade, the Master Sword, could defeat Ganon. But now...both of you must listen to me."

"As if we haven't done that before."

Daphnes continued. "Once long ago, this land of Hyrule was turned into a world of shadows by Ganon, who sought to obtain the power of the gods for his own evil ends. My power alone could not stop the fiend, and the chosen ones were out of time, so our only choice was to leave fate of the kingdom in the hands of the gods. When the gods heard our pleas, they chose to seal away not only Ganon but Hyrule itself...and so, with a torrential downpour of rains from the heavens. Our fair kingdom was soon buried beneath the waves, forgotten at the bottom of the ocean. Yet all was not lost. For the gods knew that to seal the people away with the kingdom would be to grant Ganon's wish for the destruction of the land. So, before the sealing of the kingdom, the gods chose those who would build a new country and commanded them to take refuge on the mountaintops. Those people were your ancestors. Hundreds of years have passed since then. So long as Ganon was not revived, Hyrule would remain below, never waking from its slumber." Nohansen turned directly to her, motioning her to him. "Tetra, come to me."

Tetra's attitude during the story turned from anger to amazement, and to be called by the King surprised her. With a shared glance at Link, she slowly walked over to the King. He held his hand out, and a flash of gold emitted from it. Likewise, the same light came from Tetra's necklace under her shirt. The light in the king's hand turned into an incomplete triangle. "This necklace you wear is part of a sacred treasure called the Triforce of Wisdom, which has been passed down for many Ages within the royal family of Hyrule. I, at one time, possessed it, and so did my daughter before the flood. Our family was charged to pass it down and protect it. Your mother passed it down to you and instructed you to treasure it...and to guard it with your life. Am I not correct?"

"You... You are..."

"The Triforce of Wisdom is none other than the sacred power of the gods that we have kept from Ganon's clutches for so many long years. The gods placed upon your ancestors the task of protecting it from evil's grasp. You, too, must abide by the laws of the past...and so the time has come for me to teach you the fate into which you were born...the very reason you live." Nohansen reached out his other hand, summoning the piece of Wisdom from Tetra's necklace. Tetra watched with wide eyes as the two pieces joined, and a bright golden light filled the room.

When Link was able to see again, he looked in amazement at Tetra's slightly different appearance. Her hair was down, for one. Her skin tone was comparable to Link's since the tan was gone. A tiara sat upon the new hairstyle, and... Is Tetra wearing makeup and lipstick? Link choked a laugh. Tetra looked like a girl for once, ignoring the obvious features.

Her clothes changed as well, as she had a pink dress with gold accents on the shoulders. A pink necklace hung around Tetra's neck in place of her old necklace. Silk gloves covered her arms and hands. Under the gold belt, the lower part of the dress revealed thin pants and long boots fit for travel, and the dress was cut for mobility. The emblem of Hyrule hung in the free space.