Ganondorf

They had been in the Forsaken Fortress for about ten minutes.

They had not left the first set of stairs.

The main reasons were because there weren't any barrels to hide in, and that the spotlights were illuminating the courtyard. They just stood there, silently formulating a separate plan, hoping that their partner would like it.

Link turned to Tetra, speaking quietly. "Think we should gun it, Tetra?"

"No, idiot! We need a better idea!"

"Well, do you have one?"

"...No."

"Exactly!"

"But what if we get caught?"

"We'll figure it out. Come on." Link ran on ahead, and Tetra followed soon after. Link was right. The lights were searching, but nothing was happening.

Tetra felt it. Deep down, she knew it was a trap.

Link was on the steps as he raised an eyebrow at Tetra. "Tetra, stop frolicking. Come on!"

"Link, something isn't right."

He rolled his eyes. "I got the Master Sword. We'll be fine."

Tetra went against instinct and walked towards the stairs before metal shot up in front of her. "AHH!"

"BEHIND YOU!"

Tetra slowly turned around and fell (safely) unto the sides of the spiky barrier. A black phantom knight with blue swirls hovered over her and began laughing as it flew up. It wanted to battle. Tetra displaced her fear with courage as she drew her blade. "Link, I'll catch up. Go get Aryll!"

"But-"

"THAT'S A GODDEESS-DAMNED ORDER, LINK!"

Link mock saluted and ran away, leaving the phantom and Tetra along. It raised its hand and a blue ball of energy. It tossed it at her, and Tetra jumped out the way, causing a loud explosion nearby. If Link heard, well, he could only hope.

Tetra stood back up, just in time to see another ball come at her. She was too close.

"AAHHH!" The energy coursed through her, igniting every nerve in her body. She knew her cry echoed through the fortress, and she knew Link heard her. But Link had a mission, and, despite the past, this was her fight. Should the gods decide to damn her now, she didn't care.

Gods couldn't touch Tetra if they so tried.

Tetra tried to stand once more, but whatever that ball did to her, it left her weak. Her breaths were deep but short, muscles begging for rest instead of work. The phantom knight stood in front of the girl, either wanting to be an honorable warrior or seeking directions, but it did not attack. Not until Tetra stood, leaning on the wall for support. She winked at the still ghost. "You know, I'm a 17-year-old pirate and all, and I haven't swore once, I believe. Maybe I have, but I don't remember. Maybe Gonzo is right. Maybe Link has made me nicer, and maybe the girl I used to be is still inside. So this is from her, to you." Tetra picked up her sword, and with her newfound courage, held it towards the phantom. "Arrgh ye ready, mate?"

The phantom grunted, and Tetra took that as a yes.

..........

Link didn't consider himself a killer.

"KYAAAAH!"

Matter of fact, he never wanted to kill another person.

"ARRRGH!"