Windfall Island

"Link. Tetra."

...

"Link. Tetra."

...

"WAKE UP YOU TWO!"

Tetra and Link woke up from their slumber. They looked around to see sunny skies, white clouds, and a beach.

Beach?

"Well? Have you come to your senses yet?" The two teens looked around, searching for the voice. Tetra didn't feel like threatening the owner to show himself, and Link was just being Link. A half-awake Link

"Whoooo...goes...dare?"

The head of the boat turned towards them, but they didn't see it. "You two are surprisingly dull-witted."

"AHH!" Link fell back, and Tetra landed on him. The boat began to laugh at them.

"Ha, ha, ha, did I startle you? I supposed that's only natural. As wide as the world is, I'm the only boat upon it who can speak the words of men."

The pirate captain rose off Link and sat on the boat's edge. "Who are you?"

"I'm the King of Red Lions. Do not fear, my children. I'm not your enemy. Link... I have been watching you since you went to the Forsaken Fortress to rescue your sister along with Tetra. I understand how your desire to protect your sister could give you the courage to fearlessly stand up to anything. And Tetra, your intelligence (Link coughed) have made you and your pirates a successful group. Your plan to infiltrate the Forsaken Fortress was a good one... But such a bold attempt was foolhardy!"

"Hey!"

"If that bird hadn't showed up, we would've had my sister!"

"True, but I suppose you saw him...The shadow that commands that monstrous bird."

"We did."

"Who is he?"

The boat looked away. "His name is...Ganondorf. He who obtained the power of the gods, attempted to cover the land in darkness, and was ultimately sealed away by the very power he hoped to command. He is the very same Ganon. The emperor of the dark realm the ancient legends speak of. I do not know why the seal of the gods has failed, but now that Ganondorf has returned, the world is once again being threatened by his evil magic...Tell me, Link...Do you still wish to save your sister from him?"

"Yes."

"Tetra, do you want to go on a grand adventure?"

"I guess so."

"And will you do anything?"

"Yes!"

"I see...In that case, I shall guide you as we go forward, advising you on what you should do and where you must go. Ganon cannot be defeated by human hands, let alone by what little strength you two possess. The key to defeating Ganon is locked away in a great power that you can wield only after much toil and hardship. Do you understand?"

"Yes sir."

"In that case, we depart! To the Great Sea!... Ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself. This is actually embarrassing for me to admit, but...Although I'm indeed a boat that possesses the power of speech...I possess no sail. And a boat with no sail can sail no seas."

Tetra snickered while Link looked around. "Where are we, exactly?"

"I have brought you far to the east of the dark gaze of the Forsaken Fortress. On this island is a town of merchants who deal in a wide variety of goods. If you search hard enough, surely you can find one who'll sell a sail."

Link hopped out the boat. "I'll do it." He left the small alcove and went for the town.

Tetra sighed. "I'll go as well."

............

The two walked around Windfall Island, hoping to find a sail seller. There was one for bombs, one for potions, a restaurant, photo place, and many others.

No sail.

But some information was gained. Apparently, two men on the island had their daughters kidnapped by the big bird. One even offered a large sum of money. Tetra made a note to rescue the other girls.

Link had to resist breaking the pots inside the rich man's house.

"This is ridiculous, Link. We're trusting a talking boat which doesn't have a sail, but somehow made it from the Forsaken Fortress to Windfall Island without one!"

"There."

Tetra looked at where Link was pointing. There was a sail at a shop (which they ignored earlier) with a person with a blue coat on. They walked up to the counter. "Hey you, can-"

"My story is a strange one... I came across cursed seas from a land far away...a land where the blizzards blow violently...heading for this town called Windfall."

"No one cares, how about-"

"Dear me, my ship was torn apart by vicious winds, and this island is where I washed ashore. There was one other person with me, yes there was..."

"Soooo great, but-"

"But, I dare say, he was immediately arrested on his somewhat suspicious looks and thrown right into jail. Yes, locked up somewhere on this island."

Tetra was angry at being interrupted three times, and felt like strangling the man with his coat. "Look, how about we get your friend out of prison, and you give us that sail."

The hooded man smiled. "Thank you."

Link walked ahead of a grumbling Tetra, and located the prison. "Keep watch, Tetra. I'll get him."

"Sure."

Link went inside, and walked up to the large single cell. In a corner, a small green clad man noticed him and jumped off his stool and walked up. Link looked at him before asking a question. "How do I get you out?"

"Switch in corner." After opening the door, the men in green met once more. "Hoorayyyy! Thank you so VERRRY much! Here's Tingle heartfelt gift of thanks! Tingle! Tingle! Kooloo Limpah!" In Link's hand, a map appeared. "Oh, Mr. Fairy! You want to come to my island, don't you? Don't you? Don't you?"

"Sure!" 'Hell no!'

"Great! If you ever need help with your charts, just leave it to Tingle! Don't ever forget it!"

.......They returned to the man in the blue coat, who was very happy about Tingle being free. They even got a discount on the sail, which was 80 rupees.

How 80 rupees get you started on a shop is weird.

They returned to the King of Red Lions, and he was happy to see them. "Oh! That look in your eye...So you've found yourselves a sail?"

"Yep!"

"Very well. Now, a westerly wind blows! Hop in, and let it carry us to the sea!"

The duo attached the sail, and the boat began to head into the sea.

"Where are we going?"

"Young Link, we're heading for Dragon Roost Island, home of the Rito people!"