Wind Temple

Getting the Iron Boots early paid off for Link as he made way up the windy barrier to the entrance to the Wind Temple in the northern Great Sea, miles north of Windfall. It was only 15 hours after Link left Medli in the Wind Temple, and very early in the morning. Link's idea of a wake=up call was not that of having powerful blasts of winds blowing into his face, but he'll admit, it was effective. Just not as effective as Tetra's wake up calls. No, no thinking of Tetra. None of that.

It was a few minutes before Link made it to the culprit of the powerful wind, a stone statue with its mouth open, blowing... Link honestly couldn't finish that thought. He quickly took his Skull Hammer, and bashed the statue, calming the wind. The vegetation on the island, including two palm trees, resumed their natural position, thanking the hero for his work. Farther out, the King of Red Lions nodded to Link, and Link nodded back before going inside.

Similar situation as in the Earth Temple. Giant seal blocking the way, has musical directions, etc. Link took out the Wind Waker and look to the movements instructed. "Up, up, down, left, right, left." Link waved it in the instructed direction and saw the Triforce on top of the seal glimmer. He felt a gust of wind behind him and turned to face a young boy, younger than Link, in a dark green version of Link's tunic. Link wanted to believe this was the ancient hero for he had every feature of Link and the statue in Hyrule Castle, minus the glorious sideburns, but what gave him the notion it wasn't the hero was the person's words, and the instrument he held, a violin instead of an ocarina.

"Are you the new hero?"

Link shrugged. "That's what I'm told. I'm Link."

The sage processed this before smiling. "I'm Fado, of the Kokiri tribe. I know I appear to you as a child, but the eyes can oft deceive. I am a most esteemed sage. I have been praying here so that the power to repel evil would continue to be contained within the blade of the Master Sword...but I was attacked by the evil Ganondorf...and this is what happened to me. You wish to return the power to your blade, don't you?"

Link looked back to his half-powered sword before confirming his intentions. "Of course."

"In that case, look for the one who has the same instrument that I hold, and teach him the song you just played. Once you do, I'm certain the holder of the instrument will feel the blood of the sages awaken within his veins. That Wind Waker you hold was used long ago to conduct us sages when we played our song to call upon the gods. In those days, it was always the king who conducted for us... Please... Tell the king that I will still play...even in the next world!" With another gust of wind, Fado disappeared, and with his mission in mind, Link returned to the King of Red Lions. The boat-king looked towards the temple with regretful eyes as Link settled aboard.

"He killed Fado first, right when the Hero of my time picked up the sword. That's when the sword lost its light."

Link looked back to the temple, then raised the sail to get them out to sea. "He says that he still plays in the after. He wanted you to know that."

The King nodded. "Thank you, Link. Do we have our destination?"

"Yes... Forest Haven. Fado was a Kokiri, and our sage is a Korok, since both are protected by the Great Deku Tree. If I remember... Makar had a violin, but it looked like a cello because he's so small."

"Reasonable. Very well, play the Ballad of Gales." Link lowered the sail and played the Ballad of Gales. The wind spun the boat and picked it up, sending them within minutes to the other side of the world. Although he thought he'll be used to it, he still felt nauseated after they landed. He sat down for a moment for his stomach to make the right decision to keep everything down before dizzily exiting the boat.