Chapter 10

Bloom POV

Once we were out I quickly ran away from the group. I could hear them call my name but I didn't care. I wanted to be alone. I ran into the forest and stopped in front a beautiful lake. I hate this. They know now. They know my secret. I don't think Yona would ever treat me differently but still. I'm still so scared that there is a chance she might. That there is a chance they will all decide that I'm a monster and will abandon me. My parents did so why wouldn't they? If they did, I don't think I would be able to handle it. I'd be all alone again. I don't understand. Why am I the reincarnation of some great Kitsune. Why does it have to be me? I'm not even from this kingdom and yet I'm suppose to be Queen Ōkami.
"Bloom..." I heard Hak say. "They told me what happened." I turned around to face him with a sad expression. He walked close to me and as he did I made my pink fox ears appear.
"This is who I am. I'm a monster. I'm not even human so I get it if you don't want be around. Why would anyone want be with a monster?" As I was talking Hak continued to walk closer to me until he was right in front of me.
"I don't care. I don't care about your ears and I don't care if you can turn into a fox. That doesn't change the fact that I care about. If you died in there... I don't know what I would have done." He said while staring at my eyes with his piercing blue ones. He reached his hand to gently touch my cheek before pulling me into his chest.
"Hak..."
"Your ears are beautiful." I felt him gently touch them before he gently kissed them making my face turn red.

"Guys. I'm sorry about running away just now and not telling you the truth sooner. This is who I really am." I said pointing to my ears. "I hope it doesn't bother you." I was a nervous wreck. I already knew my face was red and I was fumbling like crazy.
"Of course that doesn't matter to us. We love you no matter what!" Yona said hugging me.
"I can't believe you were hiding under our nose the whole time." Yun said.
"I'm sorry. This makes me really scared."
"I actually think you look cute with the ears." Kija said blushing.
"Really?! This is actually the first time in years I've had them out."
"Anyway let's get going." Yun said. Everyone walked away and I walked next to the Blue Dragon.
"So you're traveling with us now?" I asked and he nodded. "I'm glad. I felt so bad when I was leaving you behind before."
"Kija. Do you know where the next Blue Dragon is?" Yun asked.
"Right... the next dragon is..." He said before falling on the floor.
"Kija!"
We put a pillow under his head and let him rest for a bit.
"Maybe it's exhaustion. He was digging for a while." Yun said.
"Rest in peace." Hak said putting a piece of cloth over his head.
"I'm alive!!!" Kija yelled jumping up. "I-I'm Sorry. My body feels so heavy. The location of the four dragons are fainter than ever."
"Don't push yourself." I said.
"We have another guy who can sense where the dragons are." Yun said.
"Blue Dragon, do you know where the dragons are?" Yona asked.
"He doesn't even seem to know what the dragons are." Hak said.
"How lamentable... I understand. It's not your fault. No one has told you about them before. From now on, I shall teach you about the four dragons. You may call me brother." Kija said holding the Blue Dragon's hand until he suddenly ran away. "He's running away?!?!"
"Maybe he didn't want to call you brother." Hak said. We chases him all the way to a small lake with a waterfall constantly spilling water into it. He took off his mask and dived into the water.
"Is he drowning himself?!!!!"
"What are you going to do, White Snake? He's trying to drown himself."
"It's my fault? Is it my fault?" Then the Blue Dragon popped out of the water. He came out holding a fish for Kija.
"Is this... you want me to eat this and regain my strength?" He asked but got no answer. "I appreciate it, but could you use words?" Then the Blue Dragon crouched down on the ground shaking for the cold.
"What will you do, Brother White Snake? He's cold."
"It's my fault?"
"Are you okay?" I asked.
"I'm surprised you knew there was a river here." Yun said and the Blue Dragon pointed at his eyes. "Oh... those eyes can see across great distances. You caught that fish in an instant. Your kinetic vision must be excellent, too. Is it true that looking at your eyes will turn one to stone?" The Blue Dragon shook his head no. "Really? Then why don't you take off your mask?"
"Well first we should make a fire to warm ourselves and eat the fish the Blue Dragon caught." Yona said.

Yun was nearly done with the soup and Kija was laying on the ground still feeling weak. We hung the Blue Dragon's clothes out to dry so he used the fur from his mask to cover his body but this made him look like a ball.
"What kind of monster is that?" Hak asked.
"This group keeps getting weirder." Yun sighed.
"Don't say that!! It's my fault that happened to the Blue Dragon. It must be very humiliating!"
"Blue Dragon, you'd better hurry up." Yun said. The Blue Dragon took a bite and then began to eat the rest quickly.
"Are you cold? Do you want my cloak?" I asked.
"Th-Thank you, Bloom."
"No!!" Kija yelled. "Us dragon warriors cannot refer to Lady Bloom by her first name. She is a queen. She must be given the proper title."

Soon enough it was nightfall and everyone was in bed asleep but me. I walked over to the lake from earlier staring into the water.
'I wonder if I look better like this or...' I thought to myself making my ear pop out. 'Like this.' I softly touched my ears and when I did I remembered the past. Is this going to haunt me forever. Everytime I see these ears I remember my parents.
"Hak, how long are you going to follow me?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, but I think I promised to stick annoyingly close to you."
"But I made it back in one piece, didn't I? I'm fine. I'll be careful." I said walking away.
"Wait Bloom-."
"You should go back to sleep."
"You should too."
"Not yet." I said walking away and this time he didn't follow me. I walked to an open field where I saw the Blue Dragon basking in the moonlight. He looks so beautiful in it. I couldn't look away. The moon...
"Shin...ha." I whispered but he still heard me. He turned to face and looked confused. "It means moonlight. You led me by the hand through the darkness. Blue Dragon, you are my moonlight. What do you think?"