Chapter 14

3rd POV

"Human trafficking..."
"Mostly women and children."
"But slavery is illegal in this country." Yun stated.
"That isn't their only goal. With the forces they've gathered they must intend to crush us, the pirate who have opposed them for years."
"Let's hit them first!" A pirate suggested.
"Don't be hasty. If we brawl at Awa Port, the residents will be caught in the crossfire.  So we'll attack Kumji's ships here, in the ocean between Aww and their likely trading partner, the Kai Empire." Gigan explained pointing her pipe at a specific place on the map.
"The question is when, and how, they'll act, and which of the ships the women will be on." Jae-Ha said.
"Yes. Kumji Will likely use the people he selling as hostages, so we mustn't attack recklessly. Is there anyway to secure the women safety?"
"But if it's an important deal, isn't Kumji likely to be there himself?" One of the pirates asked. "Wouldn't it be faster to find their leader and secure him?"
"Yeah, after all, we have powerful allies this time!"
"Either way we need more information. This is an excellent opportunity for us. We'll beat up Yan Kumji and his officials, who have corrupted Awa and terrorized it's people for over ten years. We'll return freedom to this town." Gigan pulled out her knife and stabbed it in the map. "This time, I'll fight with you. Stick with me until the end, boys!"
"Yay!!!!"

***

Everyone was helping for the preparation of the upcoming battle. Kija was transporting materials on the ship, Hak was being pestered by the pirates to teach them how to fight, and Yun was taking care of the injured. Yona and Bloom really weren't sure how to help. They can't fight, they aren't strong, and they definitely weren't doctors.
"I'm going to see if Kija needs help." Yona said before walking away.
"Bloom. I'm going to scout out the town. Care to come with me?" Jae-Ha asked.
"Yes!" Bloom answered excitedly. He walked closer to her and lifted her up bridal style.
"Hold on tight okay." He jumped into the air giving Bloom an amazing few of the ocean and the forest.
"Amazing!! So you can fly! That's so cool!"
"It isn't so much flying as jumping. You don't mind heights."
"No." Bloom shook her head.
"Even though you were so terrified at the Mist-Shrouded Cape?"
"This is different though. When you're holding me like this my mind feels at ease. I feel safe with you here so I'm not scared." Bloom said innocently but it made Jae-Ha heart skip a beat. Eventually they landed down at a roof in the city.
"Hide." He said pushing her head down.
"What is it?"
"It's Yan Kumji." Jae-Ha painted at a fancy carriage being drawn by a horse. "From up here, it's clear how twisted the city is. When Kumji comes, women and children hide in their homes so that he won't find them." As he was speaking Bloom noticed someone hiding behind a large vase in an alley way. When the carriage passed her and Jae-Ha went down to that person.
"What's wrong? Do you not feel well?"
"I-I'm fine..." the person said walking away until Jae-Ha suddenly grabbed his hand.
"You..."
"Let go!" She yelled squirming around so much that her mustache flew away.
"You dropped this, miss."
"H-How could you tell?"
"If I have to give a reason, your scent." He answered a little too confidently.
"You pervert!"
"Ah. So this is a pervert." Bloom said.
"You disguised yourself as a man to escape the officials?" Jae-Ha asked.
"Y-Yes."
"But you seem extraordinarily frightened. Did something happen?" He asked but she didn't give an answer. "Did the officials... No, did Kumji do something to you?"
"I don't know! I don't know!" A few you days ago, my friend and I heard there was a decent job... so we went into a certain shop. My friend was very beautiful. We were allowed inside, but ultimately, only my friend was called to the back room. They told me I could leave, but... I was curious, so I looked inside the small room she got into. It happened in the flash. She hasn't come back since. Later, I learned a shop belong to Yan Kumji. Since then, I've been afraid of the officials."
"That must be the entrance to the human trafficking detention facility. One of many, that is." Jae-Ha said.
"Human... Y-you don't mean..."
"Don't worry. Your friend is fine. I'm sure she'll come back." He said and started petting the girl. "There, there. Poor girl. It must've been quite scary. Wipe your tears. I'll do something about it. Until then, disguise yourself and hide in your home. Normally, dressing like a man would be a waste for you, but it's the only way to fool those idiots. And once I save her, will you introduce me to your friend? If you like, maybe someday..."
"Idiot!" Bloom said hitting him on the head. "Ignore him. Put on your disguise and try to stay indoors okay." She said holding the girl's hand. The girl starred at Bloom with a small blush at how beautiful and kind she was. "Can you do that?" She shook her head and then she was off.
"Were you perhaps jealous I wanted to see another girl?"
"Of course not. We should head back now."