Chapter 48: Brandon Throws A Party

My Brothers
3 months later

A lot of time has passed. Summer went by a lot quicker than I thought. Tomorrow was the first day of school.

Where have my parents been? Well, apparently, they've been on a "business trip". For... 3 months. After that accident, nothing seemed normal anymore. There was a huge tension and awkwardness whenever parents were brought up.

I haven't seen them since that day, which meant they also missed our birthdays. Ethan, Brandon, Jayden, and I had our small birthday parties that our parents didn't come for. Okay, when I say small— Jayden and my party was small.

Ethan and Brandon on the other hand...

They had a huge party. For Brandon, he had everybody in the high school that could come. And that was a lot. As for Ethan, there was more, including his college friends.

That was the day I truly realized how popular my brothers were. And that also meant I'd be getting a lot of attention and I did not like that idea.

Speaking of my brothers, our relationship changed a lot. We were even closer than ever, and now, they changed. They felt like what actual brothers would be.

"Give me my phone back," Brandon warned, glaring at me.

"Give us a second," I said, hiding behind Jayden. I scrolled through Brandon's text messages. I smiled sheepishly as I read his texts.

Brandon raised his eyebrows and stared at me. "Are you reading my texts?"

"N-no," I stammered, laughing nervously. Jayden laughed along as he read the texts with me.

"Oh, damn, Brandon," Jayden said. "You kissed Ethan's ex? He's not going to like that."

"Jayden," Brandon said slowly. "I'm giving you 5 seconds because you didn't take my phone."

Without hesitation, Jayden's eyes widened and he ran. Leaving me.

Brandon glared at me. "Ev, give me my phone."

Now I knew I messed up, but that 5 minutes of stealing his phone and running away was fun.

I cautiously walked to him and threw his phone lightly on the couch because I didn't want to go near him. He snatched the phone and shook his head, a dangerous smile on his face.

"I'm going to make you regret that," He told me, and without warning, he grabbed my arm, twisted it, and pinned it behind my back.

And let me tell you, that hurts.

I winced. "B-Brandon, wait, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry—"

"Sorry for what?" He asked, twisting my arm harder.

"Sorry for taking your phone!" I exclaimed, trying to fight out of his grip.

"Mhm," Brandon said, laughing. He let go of me and shoved me lightly. I rubbed my arm, the throbbing pain going away slowly. I glared at Brandon.

"Hey, losers," Ethan said, coming downstairs. He shoved my head, messing up my hair. "I'm going to go on... go somewhere."