Chapter 1

The teacher stood at the front of the classroom with his hands on his hips. He was waiting for us to settle down once more. My friend Luna looked over at me mocking his facial expression. I chuckled at her clownliness, but quickly shut up and went red after seeing the teacher looking at me. He shook his head.

Luna was definately not one of his favorite students, but neither was I. We were a duo who he dreaded seeing everyday. I was more on the quiet side though. Could you blame our teacher for not liking us very kindly? Especially our class as a whole. It was like rockets being shot in here.

Sometimes I imagined if my childhood friend was here. That'd be nice. Although he was a bit uptight, I still enjoyed his presence. In middle school he had moved away. I was alone until I met Luna a few months ago! We're basically like sisters at this point. My mom describes her as an outgoing version of me.

My friend from back then was always a bit rude, but that was his personality. Still, he'd always help me when I needed it. Whether in secret or public. For a while I was convinced he had some personality disorder. Especially with the memories I have of him.

-

"What's wrong with you?" he snarled.

He reached out his hand. I took it as he helped me up. They did it againㅡthe bullies had. I was shoved to the ground and kicked. It's like every other story, the quiet get picked on. Except some never get help so I considered him as a blessing of some sort.

"I've told you timless times to run when you see them," he nagged, "But you never listen."

"Sorry Yoongi," I mumbled.

"When will you learn?" Yoongi asked, "Don't you get it?"

"I do," I said.

"Are you alright though?" he asked.

"Yeah," I nodded.

-

"Joyong pay attention!" the teacher snapped a ruler on my desk.

"S-Sorry," I said.

From beside me, I could see Luna snickering. The teacher then got onto her. There wasn't regret nor embarrassment showing on her face. I envied that. Especially because it definately showed all over my face. The blood rush would instantly call me out every time.

I sighed and watched as our teacher went on about the study of lifeㅡor known as biology. It never interested me and wouldn't ever at this point. Mr. Jeon was a serious teacher and tried his best to make this subject fun. However, it was successful to a few students.

He was a very respected teacher. In fact, a lot of girls were into him. I never understood how someone could be attracted to someone who could be your dad! How gross!

-

The locker room smelled awful today. Someone left food out in their locker for days. Luna yelled about how awful it smelled. Everyone laughed, but agreed. I clenched onto my shirt as I did my pass code on the lock. My stomach was aching from the stench. No one knew which locker. It smelled like sulfur.

"I can't wait til the person takes that awful smell away! My nose is about to fall off!" Luna exclaimed.

I nodded in agreement. From afar, I could hear someone run to the toilet. We all gagged as they threw up. I didn't know who it was, but they seemed to have a weak stomach. Nausea spread around the locker room like a virus. One by one, we'd get knocked down.