Chapter 8

There was a bright light that shined into my eyes. Was I dead or something? Was I in the hospital? Where was Yoongi? Was it all a dream of some sort? I couldn't focus enough to care about any of it as it came to thought. The thing was, whatever I did earlier was the most embarrassing thing to do in front of someone you liked. Just my luck after all.

-

I felt my eyes burning as I opened them to a crusted ceiling and long ceiling light. This for sure didn't look like my room nor any normal persons room. I began to look in front of me. There was a small tv that was on a low volume. There was some commercial about a game. I looked down at my arm to see an IV in it. That answered my question as to where I was.

"Oh good," a voice said, "You're awake."

It was a brunette nurse in purple scrubs with a sweet smile. She resembled my mother in a way. The woman sat her clipboard on the table beside me and checked the heart monitor that beeped beside me. The soft beat of it calmed me in a way, but I had to know one thing. Did Yoongi leave me to die?

"Lift your arm up for me," she said.

I followed her command as she put the wrapping around my arm. As she pumped it, it tightened. We both knew my blood pressure was probably through the roof and universes as how my face burned. She stared at the numbers for a moment and then released my arm from the pump. She smiled and said my blood pressure was at a normal number and my heart rate was a little quick, but nothing to worry about.

"Where's Yoongi?" I said looking around the room.

"Who?" she asked.

"H-He has b-black hair," I said, "A-And um."

"Oh," she said, "He went down to the cafeteria a few minutes ago."

I let out a sigh of relief and relaxed back in the bed. My head began to hurt again. It were as if someone was slamming it into concrete over and over again. My ribs felt the same way, but I couldn't remember much of what even happened. Maybe my dad was here as well. I honestly couldn't wait to go home.

After a bit of the nurse checking up on me, she left the room. My eyes were still burning and it seemed about later in the day anyway so I closed them. It was that I began to play a dangerous game; sleep roulette. Who knew the next time I'd wake up anyway? In an hour? Two hours? Maybe even tomorrow. That was the fun.

Before I could even think about anything else, I heard someone come in. Fortunately my eyes were too heavy to open so I just listened if it was a nurse or a doctor. Whoever came in was being suspiciously quiet and were close to me. I could feel my face start to get red in anticipation. Was it the time to open my eyes? Maybe Yoongi came back to smother me.

Whoever it was, they grabbed my hand and squeezed it. From the texture I could tell it wasn't a nurse nor doctor, but Yoongi. Why was he holding my hand? Maybe it was to squeeze it til it broke. My face was burning harder and harder. Then I felt him get close to my ear. His breath was hot on my skin.

"No one asleep just suddenly blushes," he said.

I instantly opened my eyes. He rose up and chuckled. Suddenly I remembered the party. I let go of his hand and rose out of bed.