Chapter 5

Yoongi followed Hoon and I to our lockers. His was only on the other side of ours. I opened my locker to a note falling out. Yoongi bent down and grabbed it. His eyes read over it and a smile crept across his face. I reached for the note, but Yoongi held it higher than I could reach. Finally, I gave up and began to grab my books.

"Worthless," he began to rip it up.

"Yoongi," I frowned, "What the heck?"

"What if that was important?" Hoon frowned at us.

Yoongi shrugged at him and put the ripped pieces of paper in his pockets. I put the books I needed in my bag and shut my locker. Hoon only shook his head and began to power walk down the hall. Yoongi rolled his eyes at him. I sighed and began to walk down the hall as well. Yoongi followed after me.

"Wh-What'd you rip up?" I questioned.

"You get picked on here?" Yoongi asked.

I only shrugged. That left us with utter silence as we walked down the hall. Yoongi shoved his hands into his pockets. Everyone's eyes seemed to lay on us as we made our way through. It was probably because he was new to the school. A new face just meant a new target.

Other than the feeling of being watched, the ones we considered popular here weren't even at school. All I could come up either sick, forgot, or skipping. However, it didn't bother me to not see them. They never cared for anyone and were quite disrespectful. Maybe Yoongi would save me from them.

After all, they could still be in school, or at least one of them. Yoongi did find a note and rip it up. It was to me and I was glad I didn't see it the more I thought about it. Perhaps it was more than a good thing.  I almost felt more than thankful that he was here.

I glanced over at Yoongi. He was keeping his eyes forward as we walked. I never got how people could do that without any kind of panic going through them. Not that I was the only person who did this, but I always stared at the ground as I walked. Everyone seemed to looked everywhere as they walked. I guess it was an analyzing thing of some sort.

Soon enough we got to our next class. Luna was already there waiting for me. She must have gotten there early for some reason. Once she saw me, she waved me over. I sort of rushed just to someone grab the back of my shirt. I was jolted backwards into them. Looking back,  it was Yoongi. My heart began to race.

"Seriously," he huffed, "Watch where you're going."

I noticed I would've tripped over someone's books, "Oops."

-

"So Yoongi," Luna stirred her soup, "How is reuniting with Joyong?"

I frowned.

"Just the same," Yoongi shrugged looking down at his phone.

"You don't say much," Hoon stared, "Do you?"

"Guess not," Yoongi mumbled.

"Anyways," Luna rolled her eyes, "What'd you need to tell me, Joyong?"

"My dad is in the hospital," I said.

"What?" Luna gasped, "What happened?"

"I-I don't wanna say," I shrugged.