XVI. New Home

Blue sits patiently at the foster care office

Blue sits patiently at the foster care office. The woman had told her that she finally found a family for the girl, who are gladly willing to take her in.

"Great! They're here!" The woman smiles as she enters the room. "Come along, Blue. They're very excited." Blue smiles weakly, then follows her out.

Once she is faced with the family, a grin spreads across her face. "No way!" She cheers, running up to Victor and Rosa and engulfing the two in a hug.

"Woah." Victor chuckles. "I'm so happy it's you two. You don't even understand." She chuckles. "Well, you've been a pleasure to have over, Blue. And when we heard that you were in need of a family, we couldn't resist." Rosa says.

Blue enters the dimly lit foster home. It seems all too silent. That is, until everyone yells, "Surprise!"

Eugene uses a confetti shooter, creating a mess of colorful strips of paper all over the floor. "Guess we're going to have to clean that up later." Victor mutters.

"Just so you know, Blue. Freddy suggested we take you in. Maybe you should go thank him." Rosa whispers, patting her shoulder before walking off into the kitchen.

Blue smiles, slowly walking to Freddy and wrapping her arms around him. "This is unbelievable. Thanks, Freeman." She chuckles.

As they pull out, they can't wipe their smiles off their faces. "Guess you're stuck with me now." Freddy jokes. "Oh, how dreadful." Blue replies sarcastically.

"Everyone to the table! We have a special dinner prepared just for this occasion." Rosa calls cheerfully.

They all take a seat. "Guys, all hands on deck." Billy says. Everyone places their hands down. "Thank you for this food, thank you for this day, thank you for this family. I thought, maybe this time, I'd stay." He chuckles.

"After all, I'm home."

"So am I."

Freddy and Blue sit together in his and Billy's room, talking and laughing about whatever comes up. "You know, I don't understand why you read so many comic books." Blue says, grabbing a Superman comic from his shelf and examining it.

"They're interesting! It's probably the best type of book genre to ever exist." Freddy argues. "Oh, really? Cause I'd argue that books in general just suck."

Little do the two know, that right outside the door, the rest of the kids are eavesdropping intently.

"Blue, I was wondering if- If you'd maybe wanna be- my.. Uh.." Freddy trails off. "Yes." Blue nods, placing a hand on his cheek as she pushes her lips onto his once again.

"Gross!" Darla squeals as she peers through the cream of the door. Blue and Freddy turn their gaze over to the others, who quickly run away.

The two shake their heads with large smiles, laughing.