Chapter 3 Austin's Past

Ratchet and Clank now have made it to the galactic forces base which is on planet Basun. Basun is a small planet and very few people live on it. Only one-fourth of the planet is land and the rest is water and the planet is always hot even at night. Ratchet drove the ship into the only building in sight,which is the galactic base. Ratchet landed the ship inside and right where Austin was.

"Took you long enough." Austin yelled to Ratchet while he was getting out of ship with Clank."Now come with me. I need to talk to you." Ratchet followed Austin while Clank secretly went to check out the rest of the base. "Now I haven't told you this yet but the real name of this place is the Galactic Officers and we take our business very seriously. It's not just fun and games Ratchet."

"I know that!" Ratchet shouted."I just like saving the galaxy." Ratchet added. Rathcet and Austin kept walking till they were at the back of the building.

"So you already seen my eye patch right? Well I uesd to an ignorant little boy. My parents and I were pirates and we would always steal treasure form other pirates. Every time we would steal treasure,I would get just a tiny bit happyier. Then one day an asteroid hit the our planet,which caused a massive wave to appear and it hit all the pirates on the planet. I became unconscious form the blast and when I woke up I was on a beach. Both of my parents were looking straight down on me and they looked so worried. My left eye was hurting so much, then my parents gave me a mirror and I saw why my left eye was hurting. While I was unconscious, a pirate somehow found me and sliced a cut through my left eye with sword and to this day I swore I would find but I haven't yet. It's also why I never seem happy."Austin started to cry with his right eye.

"I'm sorry to hear that." Ratchet apologized.

"Oh there you are Ratchet!" Clank blurted.

"Wh-what the?! Clank where were you?" Ratchet asked.

"Oh I was just doing uh. Robot things! Yeah." It was clear that Clank was up to no good but Ratchet focused on Austin first.

"Anyways,I need the two of you to go on a mission. We think the Wraners will attack planet Atlseo since it has one of the biggest number of civilians on a planet. So we want you to defend the person who will put up the shield defenses for the city." Austin informed Ratchet and Clank.

"Alright let's go!" Ratchet responded.

"But wait, I haven't even out the second floor yet!" Clank yelled. With that Ratchet and Clank went back to their ship and headed to planet Atlseo.