VI Let your power shine

"Cowards die many times before their deaths, the valiant never taste of death but once."
-Caesar

------------------------------------------------------------

The Brunette girl cheered when Minato smiled at her. They had passed! All of them had passed! She turned around and looked at both Kakashi and Obito. The Uchiha had a few tears streaming down his boyish features, a grin spreading his face in half. Kakashi looked unimpressed neutral, like always. But if Rin looked closely enough, then Rin could almost imagine the small smile that might grace the masked lips of her crush.
The image made her blush a little and she quickly looked back to Obito, still grinning so much that she just couldn't stop smiling.

"Rin, we passed! We're Genins now!",  his face was alight and Obito's laughter was always so contagious that Rin just had to laugh along with him. All that pressure, all that fear, dissolved into nothing. She was in a team, she was in a real team with the boy she had spent all her life with and the boy she admired since knowing him.

"Congratulations, you three!", Minato-sensei beamed, his face a little softer now, that he saw the two children laugh this freely. 
"Today was stressful enough and you all did so well, you deserve the rest of the day off. The training will start tomorrow.", he announced and Rin wanted to nod happily and fall back into the green grass and laugh more with Obito, but Kakashi's voice cut in, taking her attention.

"But why waste time, Minato-sensei? We can just start now.",Kakashi asked. He looked completely composed, breath controlled, not panting like Obito and herself, clean and unhurt, except the bruise on his arm. Kakashi was younger than the two of them, Rin knew that much. Obito and Rin had entered the academy at five and graduated now, five years later at the age of the ten. Kakashi was probably eight or nine. He was smaller than Obito in build but incredible fast and vicious with his tanto and taijutsu. 
Rin admired him a lot, he always put in so much work! But she really didn't want to train anymore! She was tired, her lungs burned from trying to get the bells from her sensei. 

"Bakakashi!", Obito groaned loudly and let himself fall into the grass of Training Ground 3, "Shut up!"
Rin looked at the Uchiha and despite that he was quite direct about it, Rin had to agree. She really didn't want to train more today!

Minato continued to smile and looked at the youngest of the group. "Kakashi, time spent resting, is never time wasted. If you rest now, your brains will have time to process what happened today so you all will be better at working with each other when training tomorrow."

Kakashi just gave a grunt but Minato-sensei seemed to take that as an acknowledgment of the explanation and dismissed the now accepted Team 7.

Rin watched Kakashi storm off the second their sensei spoke the dismissal. She let out a small sigh when he disappeared before she lay down next to Obito on the grass, staring up at the blue sky. Well, the gray sky. Because apparently it wasn't supposed to look like that. According to her sensei at the academy and the doctors, she was forced to go to, nothing that she saw looked like it was supposed to. 
She had been scared at first, when she found that she really was colorblind. She feared that it would hinder her at becoming a shinobi. But she passed easily, her teacher told her that it wouldn't have an impact if her results in chakra control and performing jutsus were that good. But it was still a hindrance, wasn't it?

Rin frowned up at the sky, contemplating. Should she talk to Minato-sensei about it? She didn't want to be an unexpected problem on the battlefield. It can't do any harm, can it?
She glanced from the sky away, turned her head to look at her sensei, who seemed to collect his things to head home too, probably. He seemed somehow not as energetic as he did before. 
Maybe this was a bad time? 

"-in! Rin! Are you listening to me?!"