VIII. Unfair

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Where is Sasuke?! Tell us!", Naruto yelled, jumping up from where he just sat. Sakura followed suit, blinking awake and immediately jumping into action.
Sai got his scrolls ready, took cover behind the tree he had leaned against.
Tenzou was also ready for battle, his palm stretched out, ready to use his Mokuton.
Kiba stood protectively in front of Hinata and Shino, who both had a harder time getting ready to fight, due to how exhausted both of them were.

Everyone was standing except for Kakashi who was still crouching by the campfire, looking up at Obito who hadn't broken eye contact.

"I can't bring him here.", Obito said staring at Kakashi and making another pregnant pause, before he finally let his gaze linger up to Naruto, making it possible for Kakashi to breathe again.

"He has been unconscious for a day and needs medical attention. He might die if he doesn't.", he looks at Sakura who clenches up on the cold stare the Akatsuki member gave her. She forces herself to relax and looked back at the cloak figure with stubborn emerald eyes.

"Why would you let us help him?", Sakura asked, taking a step forward.

"Well, he isn't much use to me dead, is he?", Obito snapped back. 

"How can we trust you?! You're from Akatsuki and you stopped us from getting to them in the first place!", Kiba shouted and the figure didn't even bother turning around to face him.

"You can't trust me. Gods above, I wouldn't trust me either. But earlier I just acted on Itachi's wishes. He wanted a proper last meeting with his brother. And who am I to deny a dying man's last wish?" 

His gaze found Kakashi's again and he was reminded once again, that he really had broken the last promise he had made to Obito. But Obito just stared down at him for a fleeting moment before his gaze lifted again, looking aimlessly in the trees.

"The Uchihas were a strong clan. He should have recovered already but he hasn't. Not a twitch from the brat.", he put a finger on the chin of his mask, "Maybe he just isn't what Itachi always made him up to be, hm?"

Sakura's fists twitched angrily and even Sai seemed to frown at that, despite his usual dislike when it came to Sasuke.

"How far is Sasuke from here?", Kakashi asked to break the tension and finally managed to stand up straight, looking directly at the Sharingan that was the other part of his.

"Not far. A few miles North-West."

Kakashi hummed. It would lead farther away from Konoha, therefore it would be harder to send reinforcements if something went wrong. Which it might. Obito had no reason to help him or Sasuke and this could be a great danger for Naruto, one of the last two Jinchuuriki. But he knew that if he went with Sakura, Naruto would automatically follow along, no matter what. 

Muttering between Team 8 and Team 7 started to rumble quietly through the campsite.

Kakashi made eye-contact with Tenzou, crossed the fingers of his right hand. Tenzou frowned, then nodded. 
Good thing that the Mokuton user really wasn't getting rusty. He had marked all of them then. Good. That would make it easier for him to track them, especially Naruto, if something went wrong.

Here goes nothing.

"Okay. Yamato, you will stay here. Sai, you will guide Hinata and Shino with Kiba back to Konoha and report to Tsunade-sama, they are too drained to continue on at full capacity. Sai, you return here, once you fulfilled that task and bring reinforcements. Sakura, you will pack all of the medical equipment you have, keep in mind that you might have to deal with eye-surgery if Sasuke's condition is as critical as is to assume. Naruto and I will go with Sakura."