Chapter 1: Bored

Mosskit's POV:

I am so bored and alone. My two littermates died as kits and I'm the only one left that my parents got. I have no one to currently play with besides my parents. Then I turned to my mother, "Mother, can I go out exploring camp now? I'm bored!"

Then she shook up, "No, not now." Even though any cat would think it's because I'm small and young, I just think it's because she's worried after what has happened to my siblings.

Then my father walked in and he clearly heard our conversation. "C'mon Moonwhisper, the kit is bored."

Then my mother frowned. "Grayheart, do you remember about what happened to the other kits?"

"Of course I do! But there's no chance in that happening to her. She a strong little kit. Also, there's no point in keeping her in the nursery like a hostage 'til she reaches the end of her kithood!" My father argued.

"I know Grayheart but I'm worried. You must be too. What if something--"

"She has clanmates out there who can make sure she doesn't get herself in trouble!" He interrupted.

Then my mother sat speechless for a moment. Then she spoke, "Alright."

"Yes!" I happily mewed as I dashed outside.

"And don't get yourself into trouble!" My mother yelled at me from the nursery.

"Okay!" I yelled back. But then instead of truly doing something I randomly decided to eavesdrop on my parents from outside.

"Grayheart, are you okay?" My mother asked him.

"Not really. Ever since Blazewhisker left, I've never felt really okay. It just feels wrong without him," My father told her.

"But Blazewhisker did say you'd meet up with him again soon," My mother assured him.

My father looked down. "But it's not the same,"

I remember once my father telling me about is brother, and how he left. I think he'll probably cheer up more if he gets to see Blazewhisker again. But I can't leave camp. Probably when I become an apprentice, in... a few moons from now...