Chapter 6: Territory

Mosskit's POV:

I felt a paw prod my shoulder. I felt annoyed as it kept poking me. "What is it?" I mewed as I woke. It was Pepperpaw.

"Blackstripe told me to get you. Turns out we're exploring the territory together. Grayheart and Blackstripe are waiting outside," I still hated the fact that my father is Pepperpaw's mentor!

"Okay, fine I guess..." As long as I don't have to work to much with Pepperpaw! So I followed him to where our mentors were standing. 

"Great, you're awake." Blackstripe mewed. "Now, we'll get to explore the territory. Pepperpaw still didn't get to yet because Grayheart thought it was better to do it with you,"

"Yes," Grayheart agreed.

"I'm so excited!" Squealed Pepperpaw. "Aren't you, pipsqueak?"

"I told you..." I whispered then raised my tone. "Don't call me pipsqueak!"

"Suits yourself, but I'm sure you do look like a pipsqueak." He padded behind my mentor as we headed off. I try not to argue.

"The forest is so big," I observed.

"It gets bigger." Blackstripe mewed as he took us to go further. Then I scented water-scent nearby, vast water. We must be nearing the lake! Excitement tangled around my paws as we headed downshore. 

"The lake is huge!" Pepperpaw remarked.

"It stretches farthest to the other side where RiverClan lives," Grayheart explained.

"And do you know what clan lives in that pine forest over there?" Blackstripe flicked his tail over to the pine forest.

"Ooh! I know-- ShadowClan!" I answered.

"Correct." Grayheart approved.

"I'm so glad I'm not a ShadowClan cat," I wrinkled my nose. "I don't know how they live in a forest of prickles."

Pepperpaw shivered. "That's true. Neither do I,"

Then I glared at him. Ugh! Even though I wasn't talking to him, I ignored and just let him speak. My mentor won't be proud if I snapped at a clanmate. So I just payed more attention to Grayheart.

My father continued. "There's the moor over there--"

"Where WindClan lives, right?" I interrupted.

"Yes," Blackstripe looked impressed.

"Why don't we take them over to the Abandoned Twoleg nest by the ShadowClan border?" Grayheart turned to my mentor.

"Okay, sure. If they can handle it," Blackstripe agreed.

"Of course we can!" Pepperpaw bounced. 

"Okay, okay. Calm down," My mentor ordered the excited apprentice.

"Sorry," Pepperpaw sat as he smoothed out his fur.

So then we headed off to the nest.