Chapter 25: Even Further

Blazewhisker's POV:

We immediately hopped into battle. I feel guilty that I left Honeysap behind. She is so weak and lonely. I looked around as I scanned the fight. I finally recognized Grayheart pinned down by a cream-colored she-cat. 

I dashed as fast as I could 'til I reached the enemy and clawed her pelt. "Leave my brother alone you piece of fox-dung!" The she-cat screeched as loud as she could and lost her grip on Grayheart. She ran away, tail between her legs. "Are you okay?" I asked my brother.

"Fine, thank you." He widened his gaze. Then I turned around as I heard rustling among the bushes. WindClan! They arrived to help!

The thin warriors started fighting hard against the muscular opponents but there's too many of them! Way too many! Then I noticed ShadowClan and RiverClan also arrived. But we're gravely outnumbered.

A cat at the corner of my eye suspiciously slipped away. So I decided to follow him. I got out of the battle as well, to find out what's got his fur bristling. Finally we reached the area. Our camp! At first I thought that wasn't much of a big deal, but a thought had occured in my mind. Honeysap!

I then raced faster 'til I was trailing behind his tail. I heard some other noise in the bushes around camp but decided to ignore it. "Fern! Dawn! Positions now!" I warned them. Fern and Dawn had stayed behind to help Honeysap deliver her kits. 

Fern and Dawn immediately knew what was coming to them. They made a fighting stance. I heard tiny mews from the den. Honeysap must have had her kits already!

The tom snarled at the two she-cats as they growled. Then I saw a flash of something moving in the den. Another one!

I could see the plan now, They got that tom to distract Dawn and Fern, while another was supposed to kill Honeysap!

I dashed into the den and as soon as I got there, I saw Honeysap matted with blood. I arrived too late. She twitched her whiskers which gave me the sign that she was still alive. 

"Blazewhisker..." She breathed. "I can't make it. Keep them safe please..." 

"I can't do it alone!"

"You have Grayheart with you... Please..." Then she took a deep breath before she lay limp on the hard floor.

No Honeysap! Then I looked down at the little new-born kits. One of them lay limp as well. It's dead. And the other two just mewed. I glanced back at Honeysap.

She's gone...