Chaper 21: Harsh Atonement

Mosspaw's POV:

What have I done now? I was trying to protect Pepperpaw, but it was successful in the same time I put myself in trouble. At least better me than him. Pepperpaw tried being nice to me instead of his crappy self like before. And this, this is the time I get to repay him.

"Are y'all blind?!" Yowled Littlecloud, the ShadowClan medicine cat. "Clouds are covering the moon and you're still chirping like birds!"

Then Firestar looked up. "He's right. Shall we dismiss this meeting?"

"Yes, and just remember Firestar:" Onestar stared at him with cold eyes. "You're not safe. But don't worry, you will be... for now."

 "Later, Onestar." Then Firestar looked away. "Now we have to leave." Then we all retreated to our territories as soon as rain started dripping down. Then he turned to me. "Mosspaw, come with us. We'll decide everything at camp tomorrow."

Then I nodded.

************************************************************************

The next day at camp, Firestar had called me up to his den. I felt nervous, but I kept walking. As I got inside, Firestar and Brambleclaw surprisingly looked at me with gentle gazes. Then I sat as Firestar nodded.

"You did pluck flowers off WindClan territory, right?" Firestar asked.

I nodded. "Yes, but--"

"Why?" The flame-colored tom narrowed his eyes.

"It's... uh... complicated... uh..." I hesitated.

"I'm not going to force you to tell me the reason, but whatever it is, you broke the warrior code. You trespassed another clan's territory, and you stole from them. Now, because of you, they say that we have to exile you for three moons or else they will fight us."

Yes, yes, I was there. But I can't help but to feel frustration. It was for a good cause! Pepperpaw was only doing it because of me. I'm a mess. "So should I get going? The faster I leave, the quicker WindClan would leave us alone."

"Yes, you may. But as you leave, may you kindly grab Pepperpaw for me telling him to come to my den? He's not in trouble, it's just that I need to speak with him."

I nodded as I left the den. Pepperpaw is probably mad with me. So then I found the black and white tom by the fresh-kill pile talking to some of the other warriors. "Pepperpaw!"

"Ugh... What do you want?" He looked back at me.

"Firestar needs you in his den!" 

Then he grunted and padded towards the leader's den. He might never forgive me! Oh, StarClan... What do I do now? Then I left the camp.